Public Tollarance Of Unicycles

im doing a project for school on public tollarance of stuff, and i was thinking most people are really tollarant of unis, so im trying to get an anthology of footage of people doing stuff on unis that would be considered unnaccaptable if doone on foot, or on a bike. Just post the videos here and ill save them to my desktop, cause im sure other people wopuld like to see them also.

thanks,
Detriot

this, done by muniaddict

I don’t have a vid but, once i was jumping around rocks in a planter sorta thing and i might have crushed a few flowers, people watching were laughing and amazed. but I bet any money if i had been walking through the garden they woulden’t be laughing.

Edit: you should take a clip of kris holm going on that huge bridge. he would brobaly be getting in trouble if he just walked it.

yeah i doanloaded this one

You must live in a different country to me then cos round here people think it’s ok to make negative comments or laugh at you just for riding. :frowning:

thats no good :frowning: i olny get the occasional negitave comment, other than that is “wow” “cool” “your amazing”

same.

Except:
I’ve had a lot of trouble with the cops. I had my name taken after I rode on the C-Train railway tracks. If I get caught again, I could be charged and fined.

Wow, Ghey!

around here to!
one of the reasons i do not ride much :frowning:

although i got a cool one yesterday afternoon by some highschool kids.

one turns to the rest of the group and says: “Now that is what i call cool”

i ride to school nearly everyday. the positive feed back is tremendous, people i have NO idea who are come up to me and are like , " hey your that unicycle guy, thats amazing, your soo cool." my favorite came today on my way home and some kid was like UNICYCLE…UNICYCLE…DUDE THATS A UNICYCLE…SOOO AWESOME…UNICYCLE…DAMN!!! and i was like, yep i know its a unicycle

i dont get it that much maybe a few chavs no and then going past in cars

Don’t forget to spell tolerance correctly in your report :slight_smile:

oops:o , my bad. thanks

a uicycle at my old school was ignored, there was some in the PE shed but no one used them. they where consider dorky and un-cool.

My experience is very similar to yours, except a lot of people here don’t even know what that one wheeled thing I ride around is called, they just think its freeking amazing!:stuck_out_tongue:

As for the tolerance thing: I have never been kicked out of anywhere for having/riding my uni. the security at collage did ask me not to ride in the hallways because if roller bladders and skateboarders would think its OK for them to, the security guy was apologetic and went and watched me ride outside for a while course he thought it was cool.

I have walked into small town bars and park the uni against a wall. When the bartender points at the uni and asks if it is mine it is usually because he wants to see me ride around the bar, I have never been asked to leave it outside. I stopped at a grocery store this winter because I was hungry and was going to buy an apple. I was wheeling it down the isle and a sales attendant wanted to see me ride it. I declined because it had a spiked tire and would have scratched up the floor…

I’ve brought it on busses in Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg with no problems and airlines DO NOT charge me a bike fee for having it in my luggage.

I don’t think that most places would let me wheel in a muddy bike and leave it against the wall, let alone buy me free drinks for riding it around a bar.

Oh and cars don’t seem to mind slowing down for me on a uni but I have been hit twice riding my bike this winter and cut off or flipped off multiple times, never happened when I was on a uni.

Intolerance for bikes is a major factor in why I unicycle

My experience is very similar to yours, except a lot of people here don’t even know what that one wheeled thing I ride around is called, they just think its freeking amazing!:stuck_out_tongue:

As for the tolerance thing: I have never been kicked out of anywhere for having/riding my uni. the security at collage did ask me not to ride in the hallways because if roller bladders and skateboarders would think its OK for them to, the security guy was apologetic and went and watched me ride outside for a while course he thought it was cool.

I have walked into small town bars and park the uni against a wall. When the bartender points at the uni and asks if it is mine it is usually because he wants to see me ride around the bar, I have never been asked to leave it outside. I stopped at a grocery store this winter because I was hungry and was going to buy an apple. I was wheeling it down the isle and a sales attendant wanted to see me ride it. I declined because it had a spiked tire and would have scratched up the floor…

I’ve brought it on busses in Saskatoon, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg with no problems and airlines DO NOT charge me a bike fee for having it in my luggage.

I don’t think that most places would let me wheel in a muddy bike and leave it against the wall, let alone buy me free drinks for riding it around a bar.

Oh and cars don’t seem to mind slowing down for me on a uni but I have been hit twice riding my bike this winter and cut off or flipped off multiple times, never happened when I was on a uni.

Intolerance for bikes is a major factor in why I unicycle

Lol well I know a lil too well the tolerance of others…many years of testing with a misdemeaner in the process here is a good example Spencer posted in Muniaddicts vid thread

Ive gone shopping just as Terry did in that video and never got off my unicycle. Ive ridin through arcades, even jumped on a DDR machine and acted like I was playing…When filming with Spencer, Erik Duanne(Mango), and Jake Sprouge(sp?) we were jumping on all sorts of walls and lines out in the bay area with lifegaurds and cops circling everywhere. A lot of the tolerance you recieve is by your actions…If you a smiling polite young lad riding casually in a pedestrian erea…noone will care, they will find it quite refreshing to see something new. But if you have a 3 ft mohawk with chains around you and your grinding on rails people are using to walk with and cutting people off, you wont get much tolerance at all…Might even get an butt kickin or 2. Oh but there will allways be that wrong place at the wrong time moment as well. I got a misdemeaner(sp again?) for riding my unicycle to a store and never even went in the building I was getting of to walk inside(crouded store wasnt gonna temp the ride) and a cop yells you on the unicycle stop! WTF!!!..Well he had gotten a complaint about some Skaters causing trouble infront of the store and when he got there they were gone but was left was only myself and 2 friends on uni however we slightly matched the discription of the call. So had been there 30 seconds in slightest and were mearly going to the store to get something to drink. Cop was an arrogant dick and we all got banned from half my town…

Same, heres a good reply:

“Nah, you just will you had such awsome skills :roll_eyes: .”

Corrected

Cody, what’s a DDR machine? “Dance Dance Revolution”?

Yeah, I hopped on and started dancing :smiley:

:smiley:

In your painfull vid is that “uni :)” written in blood?