Profile/Poznanter unicycle hub.. problem.

Hi all, recently bought a Profile wheel, and was just wondering how do I ‘centre’ the spindle on the hub, so it’s completely 100% even on both sides… right now the spindle is like 2mm longer on one side than the other. Plus there is one small square fitting on the side of the hub sitting next to the spindle on each side… I wonder if they do anything to help centre the spindle?

Sorry, I know the descriptions aren’t that useful, but owners will probably know what I’m on about.

Thanks very much for your time.

put more spacers and a crank arm on the short side…leave the long side without a crank…

then tighn down the bolt on the crank,this will pull the axle into the crank…

dont strip your bolts!

Wouldn,t it be possible to attatch the crankarm on the shorter side first, pulling the axle to center with the bolt attatching it?

And 2mm is aboult nothing, wont make a diference…

Edit: If you put spacers on the longer side thu hub will not be in center!
If you don’t, it will end up in center…
the cranks doesnt “bottom out” like square tapper ones do…

That idea didn’t seem to work :(, I put 2 spacers on, then the bearing, then 3 spacers, then greased the spindle and put an old crankarm on it, i tightened the crankbolt pretty damn tight, but that didn’t seem to shift the axle or anything! :astonished:

Any other ideas? Or am I going wrong somewhere…

Thanks for the suggestion though :wink:

With the improvement in the Profile hub shell fit, I would have been surprised if you could move the axle that easily. Just use spacers to get the rim centered as best as possible in the frame, and off you go.