Problem with Kris Holm air saddle

One problem solved and a new problem developed.

I bought the Kris Holm Fusion Freeride saddle with air conversion from Unicycle.com.

Just tried it out one a 5 mile ride. The tube slides to the left causing me to ride all crazy.

It did solve the problem of my tailbone bouncing on the plastic back handle.

Any suggestions on what to do about that tube creeping over to the side? I’m tempted to duct-tape it into submission.

My letter to Kris Holms.

I recently bought the Kris Holm Freeride Air Saddle from Unicycle.com. I loved the way it kept my tailbone off of the back handle but within one mile I realized that the tube was sliding off to the side, forcing me to ride all crazy.

After I returned home I did some research and it turns out that I’m not the only one with this problem. I read post after post after post on Unicyclist.com about all the people that bought your air saddle and had to take it apart and modify it with duct tape, additional foam and a lot of trial and error.

I’m surprised and disappointed that you would let an inferior product be marketed under your name. Actually it makes me disillusioned with you and your name in general.

My suggestion is that you include directions on how to modify it and include all the necessary materials. after all, after tax and shipping it cost well over a hundred bucks for a product that doesn’t work properly.

Well, I’m off to the hardware store now to go buy some duct tape…

duct tape helps but the biggest problem was that you got suckered into getting an air “upgrade”

I fought with an air saddle for a couple weeks but eventually switched back to a standard foam.

I really like that it lifts me off of the back handle

That much works great.