powered gliding

the high winds post got me thinking has any one ever tried using a kite to pull them along on their uni whilst gliding it kite buggying or even coasting??? or has any one got some one to pull them along from behind a bike like water sking but gliding(the bike being the “boat” and the uni being the “skier” if you get what i mean)or even by car???i know people do power gliding being pulled by people as a way to learn.

On Jeff Lutkus’s site, www.lutkus.com , there use to be a clip of him gliding behind someone riding a bike. It was pretty nifty… see if you can find it on there under the unicycling videos.

-Jess

yeh Jeff’s one is really slow though. dont know if he was going slow or was in slow motion.

I once tried gliding behind my friends dog but the dog was a little exited and started going in random directions.

if you look on the danish unicycle site on there gallery, somewhere there are some funny pictures of people gliding behind a car :slight_smile:
anyone got the link?

Trev

I’ve always wanted to try gliding while holding on to the back of a car. Unfortunately, I can’t glide yet…

I unicycle and kitesurf/kitesnowboard. I have spent many a sleepless night thinking about this. Ive even tried a skateboard and a kite but still no uni. All i could say is it’d be straight downwind on the uni. If i ever get the balls to do it, I’ll post about it.

Coincedentally, in the other wind thread…:
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28853

…the windy beach i was talking about was where i kitesurfed a lot. I just never had the uni and the kite together at the same time cause it was too much to carry on the train to get there. One or the other.

i once used my umbrella to make myself go faster, but my feet were on the pedals. and it almost took me over the side of a bridge