Posting reply to message via Newsgroup fails?

The last couple of messages I’ve tried to post via Outlook Express (my preferred method of reading/posting to this group) in reply to existing messages fail with the following error:

Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ‘Re: Who are you guys?’, Account: ‘netnews.msn.com’, Server: ‘netnews.msn.com’, Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: ‘441 (620) Article Rejected – Insertion into group (null) of article (null) failed.’, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Any ideas why?

-mg

Re: Posting reply to message via Newsgroup fails?

I cut and pasted that error into a Google search and the first response was this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q283862 (it took all of about 10 seconds to find this).

In other words, it doesn’t look like its a problem at your end, it looks like the news server you use is configured incorrectly. There’s not much you can do about that apart from report it to whoever runs the server. Try another news server, there are loads out there that provide free access (if you know where to look).

Have fun!

Graeme

Re: Posting reply to message via Newsgroup fails?

> The last couple of messages I’ve tried to post via Outlook Express (my
> preferred method of reading/posting to this group) in reply to existing
> messages fail with the following error:
>
> Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject ‘Re: Who are you
> guys?’, Account: ‘netnews.msn.com’, Server: ‘netnews.msn.com’, Protocol:
> NNTP, Server Response: ‘441 (620) Article Rejected – Insertion into
> group (null) of article (null) failed.’, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
> Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
>
> Any ideas why?

I get that when I try to upload and download at the same time. Freakin’
Microsoft, snarl.

Doesn’t matter, message usually posts later anyway.