Post Your Unis Here!

I believe hes just referring to the quick release seat post clamp, I don’t know what the thing on the seat post is for though.

Ok… How many 36er’s do you have now?

Quick Release-no allen required and clamps TIGHT! I use the same type on my KH MUni and wouldn’t use anything else. :sunglasses:

That’s just a foam piece used to keep the seat post from getting scratched and also serves to let me know where my lowest setting is.

Hmmmm… :stuck_out_tongue:

Look here and here

Newest pic of my new Big One, with Jet flat black T7. Couldn’t stand it in yellow lol! The T7 is temporary 'till the new coker touring bar arrives.:slight_smile:

PS: Haven’t even ridden it yet…about to though! :sunglasses:

When are you going to start customising the paint job then, Terry? :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably won’t until I decide if I want to keep it.:slight_smile: Besides, it’s kinda looks cool the way it is…but, you know me, mr. camo! :sunglasses:

Terry, does this mean you are not sure you want to keep that frame? Name you price if this is the case!

Well if I sold it, it would be the whole complete Coker as it came out of the box, coker sticker on frame and all! And since I’m not using the saddle, pedals, alum seatpost or saddle, all that is still in plastic.

I just hope Jamey saves the box for me! But then agin, I’m just leaving now to give it the first test run…I may just love it…we’ll see!:smiley:

I said I would put a pic of my uni on here, so here it is!

Since I bought it I have changed the:

seat

seatpost

QR clamp

cranks

thinks that’s it for now!

Your rim made me think of a guitar which now gives me a sweet idea for my rim. =p

I’m intrigued!

What was it about the rim (other than just the tape!) that made you think of a guitar? And what’s the idea for yours?

I was thinking of spraying mine, but it just seemed like too much hastle and money when I could get a cool effect from electrical tape. Plus I can change it about pretty often for less than a £ each time!

Actually, it was just the tape that made me think of Eddie Van Halens and Charvel guitars.

But im going to do something more like the black and white one.

Should turn out nicely.

evhbw1.jpg

Sounds good. I’ll look forward to seeing what you do with ur wheel.

The rim, then the hub. Those cranks aren’t too strong either (although much better than stock).

A lot of Mission trials unis came w/ a defective rim (is there a groove on what would be the breaking surface?).

I would keep drops small and to a minimum untill you have the $ for a splined uni or a rim & splined hub/cranks.

No, the rim is one of the later ones without the groove. I’d heard about that defect before.
I can understand thar the aquare axles arent as good as the splined due to the shape and how easily they could round off, but why is it that the splined ones are meant to be ‘stronger’?

Well… the force is spread over more … points? :thinking: Not very technical I know, but it’s kinda true.

Yeah, when you put them next to each other like that, it makes sense. I can see why the isis is a much stronger design.
Josh, the guy that I ride with, has been riding for about 5 years now and he has always had square tapered and not yet snapped one. I figure that I’ll just ride mine 'til it breaks.