Post Your MUni here!

Building the Brake Lever Extension

mounted Self-made Brake Lever Extension

Nice reflectors, AXXI! I ride around often at night thru town and would like something similar. Thanks for the idea!

That’s a lot of pictures for your brake lever extension, but it seems like an effective design and well executed. Saving, what, 25 dollars for a KH spooner. Lots more work but now you have a unique extension.

The KH starfighter extension is out of stock here.

I saw only pictures of it: It seems, that it don’t extend the lever. It only extends the contact surface.

Thanks AXXI for the pics.

I was thinking about doing something for my brake lever and your pics motivated me to do it =)

If someone were to use a dropper post (never heard of one on a uni), I’d get one where the release lever is not remote (usually less $$). The problem is would it resist movement up as well as down when “locked” into place. Also durability from up & down forces and UPD’s.

Here’s my latest project!

I finally had the chance to found a rim/tire setup for my Surly Conundrun 24" Frame:

A bit heavy for my taste, but I love it :slight_smile:

That’s crazy, yet oddly beautiful.

Me too. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing. :slight_smile:

I have the same tire but am still waiting for my wheel build. What tube did you use and where did you get it if you don’t mind my asking?

I feel the same way about my 26" fatty. Super heavy compared to what I’m used to riding, but it’s my favorite unicycle to ride right now!!

Let us know how your first ride is!

NF in MUni Mode! :sunglasses:

Hi waaalrus, I used the standard 24x3 tube that usually cames along with the 24" Nimbus MUni. Fit really well inside the tire and gives a good bouncing and feedback.

That tube is really heavy though…

The tire has a VERY tight fit with my rim (Weinmann DHL 65) so I bet that it should be converted to tubeless easily with some Gorilla Tape.

A tubeless conversion is in my to-do list, just need to find the time :roll_eyes:

Thanks! Using a 24x3 tube that I already have was my backup plan but I had doubts whether the “24x4” tube is in fact any wider. Since I’m having such trouble getting a hold of one anyway I’ll just go ahead and use that. planet-x-usa.com is supposed to be getting them in stock but if they are wider they may be heavier so probably no good to you.

My 2nd unicycle: A 36" Cross Country

Delivery:

36" is huge, even horses seems to be small: :smiley:

Self-made Brake Lever Extension:

Extending the lever and the surface.

Day + Night visibility:

My largest uni before, was a 26". This is my very first try at a 36":

http://www.vimeo.com/96644770

Very cool! You’re a natural!

I’m not too surprised, those are 24" horses. :smiley:

Wooooohooooo! Thanks for good laugh! :smiley:

Unpacking Nimbus 26" Muni

Exactly 1 week from ordering, got my first real unicycle! Shipped to Finland from municycle.com in Germany.

The unpacked Nimbus and some accessories. Bought a smoother hookworm tire and dual 125/150 KH cranks, in case I’ll end up riding mostly on road. I’m not so sure yet.

It’s quite big compared to the 20". The actual diameter of the tire is 70 cm, ie. 27.6 inches. According to my scale it weighs 6.9 kg. I’m just 170 cm tall, so I sawed 8 cm off the saddle post.

I got about 1 month of unicycling behind, starting to get steady on the 20". Let’s see how this works. :slight_smile: