Post Your MUni here!

Frame: Nimbus 29er.
Clamp: Stock.
Hub: Nimbus ISIS.
Cranks: 125mm KH Moments.
Pedals: Gusset Slim Jim’s.
Rim: '09 KH 29" freeride.
Tyre: Halo Choir Master 2.3".
Seat: CF base, Nimbus gel, KH cover, Button head allen bolts.

I have since bunged a brake on it, just come crappy caliper for the time being. I’ve taken to riding it on the sand banks when the tide is out, but I’m yet to do some proper muni on it.

Wow, that baby has sure changed from when you first bought it!(if it’s even the same 29’er…)

Yeah, it’s the same one. I’ve still to get a new post, clamp, pedals and a KH frame, but that can wait for the Surly to be sourced and built.

Nice 29er! Did you maked your own rim tape? It looks cool:)

Thanks. The green is craft foam that I had laying about in the tool box, I just cut it into strips, taped it to the rim, then put the reinforced rim strip over it.

sweet ride :stuck_out_tongue: lol

It needs dirt on it :smiley:

Haha! +1, Every muni needs dirt on them:p

hehe yip I need to get mine dirty again :smiley:

yeah, i did, then I washed it in a stream :smiley:
Heres mine, I took the brake off though, it was useless. I need to bleed it again. I’m using water and it cannot hold pressure at all. I think the seals may have gone in it. It also needs a new seat… this one is trying to kill me :astonished: its soo painful

26" 09’KH, 150mm Moment’s, WTB Stout 2.3, DMR V8’s, Magura HS 33.

Absolutely beautiful :smiley:

+1:p

OK, here’s mine. Not the best quality picture, but it’s all I can find at the moment. It’s a 2008 Nimbus 26" frame and wheel, Nimbus alloy seatpost, 150mm moments, DMR V8s, HS33 and 2008 KH Freeride saddle. This was the first ride with a new saddle, which is why it’s so much cleaner than the rest of the uni. All quite normal and boring really. My old muni was much more interesting (purple powder coat and champagne cork) - there’s probably a pic lying around the forum somewhere.

Rob

Your Muni looks cool! espetialy with that number in the spokes:p

Question for all the muni riders: Will a Magura brake still work correctly if my wheel is true but there’s a flatspot in it?

Thanks :slight_smile: It’s my number from the recent Mountain Mayhem 24hr race. I think race numbers look quite cool so I tend to leave them on the uni for some time after the race (as do quite a few other people).

Not if it’s enough of a flatspot that the brake blocks fall off the outside of the rim and hit the tyre. Depends how bad it is. If the rim braking surface is quite tall (like on some Onza rims I’ve seen) you could compensate a bit by setting the brake right on the inside edge of the rim, then hope it didn’t go off the outside edge at the flatspot. Or perhaps you should get a new rim before the brake!

Rob

Okay, I have a Torker DX so if I change my rim, I will change the whole wheelset, it’s not in my price range now. The brake is already ordered, I am suppose to receive it this week. If for some reason it doesn’t work because of my flatspot I’ll get some money for a KH/Nimbus wheel. My flat spot is like 2/3mm off, I hope it’s not too big.

I agree. They add to the intent! :sunglasses:

I should think you’ll get away with that.

Rob

Only things that are a little non-standard are a Scott Wallis CF seat and handles/bumper and a Large Marge rim. Everything else (KH frame, Magura, 165 cranks, Thompson seatpost, quick release, Duro, yada yada) is just stock stuff. Had the same set up for nearly four years and can’t improve on it. Need to get some new pedals.

Wow! Large Marge rims makes uni looks like Monster Unis(monster truck)!!:stuck_out_tongue: Can you de-true a Large Marge rim on a drop or something? or it is just, like THE rim:p