Post Your MUni here!

My g26:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/89963411@N00/7187834053/in/photostream/lightbox/
I’ve only had about 4 rides on it so far, but like it a lot. I’m considering changing the tyre (currently a Maxxis Ardent 2.6") to something lighter, adding a KH T-Bar and possibly changing to 140mm cranks. So far I’m not convinced that the extra weight of a stubby T-Bar is worth it. From my experience of riding a g29 on the road without a handlebar I’m not sure about adding a T-Bar.

KH24 with a disc brake, freshly built and only ridden 20 metres so far:
Photo on Flickr

Nice rides Tony!
About the handlebar thing- I am a convert, and have been pretty much ever since I got back to Oz after the last Unicon and started riding in the longer MTB races. I find the area the handlebar excels in is the high gear climbing situation. You can really anchor yourself onto the uni and get heaps of torque down into the pedals. There is a weight penalty for sure, but it is non rotational and not of such a big importance IMO. I like the 2.4 ardent and have been running it tubeless for the last 2 months or so. That mod alone makes a lot of difference for the riding characteristics. All the best for your UNICON prep- I’ll see you over there.

Mark

KH frame “Naked”

Just got back from having my KH G26er frame powder blasted! They did it while I waited, and since I’ve been there before, Louis, who did the powder blasting, didn’t want to charge me! (I still gave him a double saw buck!) I’m thinking of keeping it “raw” aluminum until I decide what color or pattern I might want. :sunglasses:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.JPG

I like the nude look :sunglasses:

Where’d you find a new 3" Gazz?

Stealth GUni

p1.JPG

p2.JPG

p3.JPG

p4.JPG

Here is my new build, only given it a short ride so far, but i’m very happy with it! :smiley:
specs:
-KH freeride seat with CF base
-Oracle frame
-oracle hub
-KH 26 rim with green rim tape
-150mm venture 2 cranks
-Nukeproof Neutron pedals with Ti axle
-cf cranks spacers
-Hope tech M4 evo special edition brake with goodridge braided hose
-Hope mono 6 saw 203mm floating rotor
-Duro 26x3 tire and tube

unicycle.jpg

Thats bad ass. I want one.

Desert Fox!

GOPR1342.JPG

GOPR1343.JPG

GOPR1344.JPG

Terry, you got way too much time on your hands… :smiley:
Nice paint job, though.

That’s ok, I’ve earned it! And at my age, you can never have too much time! :slight_smile:

Yeah, after riding with a bunch of old farts this weekend and getting left in the dust, I have a new respect for 36er’s and old(er) people. As Nurse Ben aptly put it, there’s nothing more humbling than riding with a “big” group of Unicyclists.

I might try to do something like that with my newly acquired Custom KH26. The gold is a little too much bling for my tastes… hahah.

Agreed on the color; Gold doesn’t do it for me either, unless it’s real! I went for the camo theme because just one plain color is way too boring for my taste. :smiley:

Terry, don’t set that thing down in the woods! Turn around to take a piss and you’ll never find it!

I spent my youth up in a tree Bow Hunting WhiteTail bucks so I am a big camo fan but I’ll have to stick with my KH blue (for now). The only downside is when I go on big group rides, I might accidentally try and pick up someone else’s uni because they all look the same.

IT could be worse!

New (for June 2012) KH29
Magura MT-2 disc (160mm) brake
Spirit 150/127mm cranks
SpeedPlay Drillium pedals
Maxxis Ardent 2.4" tire
KH adjustable (forged) seat post
KH T-bar handle
KH Fusion Freeride with new (for June 2012) leather cover

Yes, it’s too clean. Just put it together last night. Can’t really call it a MUni until I get it dirty. I took it for a 10 mile run/ride with my lovely wife this morning. I love it! I was afraid it would be too much like my 26" Oracle to justify the purchase but (in XC mode with handle extended, using 127mm hole, and 35psi) it actually feels more like my 36er.

god i want that so bad!!!

Hey guys :).

Here’s my new Nimbus 24" orange with Magura HS33 Black Edition (4 Finger Edition) and Sigma BC1009STS wireless. I also changed the Nimbus pedals with Odyssey Jim C TrailMix. :smiley:

All it needs now is some mud, then it’ll be complete! :smiley:

That’s right :D. But it’s beautiful to look at it :smiley: