Post Your MUni here!

prototypes cost a lot. the shimano brake was $50, the cranks are $60.

We made 6 Prototype 180mm disks to set up on 110mm cranks after we established it working with a 6 bolt 160mm on a cheap dual hole steel crank.

MountainUni has the original on his 36er, I’ve got a prototype rotor on the 29er, and as soon as Sinz has 150mm ISIS cranks in stock, I’ll have them on the 36er! We sent the crank/rotor combo to two professional testers and an experienced enthusiast to test as well -and take on a century ride for charity.

and a bunch more money will be spent bringing it to market. Hopefully consumers will be able to set it up for about $250 for cranks, rotor, steel mount, chain ring nuts, bolts, and spacers. A bolt on mount may be made available for aluminum rigs, Hunter and Nightrider frames, etc… for as cheap as we can have them made!

You won’t have to get a wider frame, you can use your stock or extra wide hub, you won’t need to spend over $1000 on a 36er to get a disk setup, you can use it on any size wheel (24" and up recommended) and it is smoother and more consistent than rim brakes. but there’s another thread for this…

Here is My new Muni

I didn’t believe in love at first site until I saw that.

I really dig your uni.

Arrived yesterday. (daughter arrived 6 years ago)

KH24
Magura brakes
150/125 moments

This is an upgrade from my used 24" used Onza muni.
I can’t wait to hit the trails!

Nice! Which do you like more?:stuck_out_tongue:

Haha… based on the “:p” I assume you’re asking me to choose between the KH and my daughter. Let’s just say I’m glad I don’t have to choose! :wink:

But in case I misinterpreted, the KH feels better than the Onza. A lot of that is probably because my Onza has 165mm cranks. I rode a couple miles on the street last night and I felt more balanced. Especially at slower speeds.

That’s a very fine looking muni!

29" KH

MuniOrBust - nice muni. My wife said she’d get me one exactly like yours when I can traverse the course she laid out for me in our yard.

Here’s my 29er with Kodiak 2.5 and Qu-ax 170s. I’ve been enjoying this setup for a little over a month but haven’t taken the time to snap a photo until now.

Will there be a video of your course ride? :slight_smile:

Looks nice. It must be fun with the 2.5" tire and the long cranks.

WHERE did yiou get the 2.5 tire? Here? It weighs in as a whopping 1400 grams!
The wtb dissent is also 2.5 29er tire, and will be sold at udc us soon, according to Josh. This one doesn’t list the weight, but I think it’s less than the Kodiak.

Edit: I found detailed specs on the Dissent 29er tire. It does weigh less than the kodiak, but not much. Looks like an awesome tire though!

Thanks, it is a lot of fun on the trails. I wrote a bit more about the tire in this thread.

WTB currently has two 29x2.5 DH tires available: the Kodiak and the Dissent. Both tires are available online from a few stores but I got my Kodiak (in new condition) from an eBay seller. The same seller has another listed.

Just wish it wasn’t so heavy! The Kodiak tire weighs 3 pounds! :astonished: Oh well, the standard wtb (stout) that comes standard on the KH 29er is about 2.5 lbs, and the total weight of the 29er is only 13 lbs, so another .5 lbs isn’t a big that big a deal I guess.

Ok here’s my current line-up, with my latest acquisition, my KH 29er, complete with maggies and drillium pedals! (Sam pedals on my 24" MUni) Can’t wait to get this baby out on the trails! :smiley:

Nice looking line-up! Just missing the 26er!

What antiques are those in the bottom right? Is that a cassette player? My dad has one of those things! And VHS tapes? Ha Ha… Jk

Haha, great comment! :smiley:

Haha, for most of the young people here, anything pre-cell phone or xbox is an “antique”! :stuck_out_tongue: :roll_eyes:

my favourite DH setup

Triton triple muni frame
KH titan hub old
Sapim CX Ray spokes
Surly Large Marge rim
Surly Larry
Nimbus Venture cranks
Wellgo MG1 titan pedals
Koxx Pit fighter seat post
Axel Kästle Carbon fibre saddle plate
Magura brake.
26" x 4" Muni with less than 6Kg