Post Your MUni here!

KH29 with brake mounts for a 26" wheel…

Nice Muni! But I though the KH29 frame could take the 26X3" tires? Or is it one of you monster tires?:stuck_out_tongue:

Pics shot by Joella Davis:

It fit a Duro but not my Gazz. My Gazz might be a bit stretched out as it measures at right around 3.2" on my rim. I sold my Duro to a friend along with my old frame that fit my tires this summer.

Drool!!! Very nice.

THAT sir… is a very sexy muni!
Haha i have a we delema
I have a nimbus 26" and am looking at getting a new tyre. I currently have a Duro Wildlife 3" BEAST.

I want a light weight tyre… reccommendations?

I know its alot of info but its worth the read, there are some good reviews in there.

I don’t know what the Rubber Queen is like but some people rave about it! Its only like 800grams! It was measured to be about 2.8inchs! Even a tyre that wieghs something like 1300 grams will be a improvement I think Boffy, still look at decent volume. Mybe a Maxxis High roller- Something like 2.5-2.7 would be good, not as light as the Rubber Queen but still much lighter! If you get a high roller look for the softer compound I think as thats the grippest (but it will wear a bit quicker). Also you want two ply side walls or bigger I think.

New 29"

Here’s my new 29".

nimbus ISIS hub
125/150 KH moments
nimbus 29" Muni frame
KH seat
KH 47mm rim
Racing Ralph 2.4" tyre (just fits in the frame height)

I like it so far, its great to go able to go faster down bumpy tracks and still keep some stability from the big tyre and rim. With the 125mm cranks my max speed so far looks like 12mph and a comfortable speed is 9/10 which is about 3mph above what i got on my 24" with 3" gazz and 150mm. I can’t ride some of the stuff I was riding 24/150 before, slippy muddy downhill and big uphill, but I’m going to give it some miles on 29/125 to see if i can adapt before i try again with 29/150s

My New Muni frame!

Wow, Now I want to see the whole uni! :smiley:

Is there any reasons why you have wide bearin holders? Mines are just as wide as the bolts.

Are you gonna post your muni today? :slight_smile:

I completely forgot about the pictures! I just went out and took one:) I’m still missing an handle though… Also it weights as much as a tank:p

Specs:
-CF base with custom foam with KH cover
-Magura HS-22 Raceline brake
-Nimbus Muni orange frame
-Nimbus 48 hole ISIS Hub
-KH Moment 137mm cranks
-DX32 rim red
-Kujo DH 24x3" tire
-Echo TR green pedals

Sweet thanks for that! I love the look of those ECHO TR pedals! That is the colour I want to get them in to :smiley: Apart from the scratches on the side does the paint seem durable?

There is no paint on the sides:p It’s anodized, I can see that the color is getting away a little bit on some places. The paint is not a good reason to not get them though! :slight_smile:

I know :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll get them sometime, in green :smiley:

Update:
-Home made handle bar from 16’’ unicycle frame on a KH rail adapter
-Switched pedals to JC oddessys

And I have a KH Ti hub now :smiley: Love it, Im gona build it into a KH26 wheel!

Yes it the new design (2009/10)
Design to run with Schlumpf geared Hub’s
:slight_smile: P.S. this photo is not my frame.

The next tire I want to try is the Vredestein Black Panther. Haven’t tried it yet or heard of anyone else trying it on a unicycle so can’t recommend it but should be a light tire with decent volume, OK grip and decent rolling resistance (a whole lot better than a Duro anyway)

Want to be a ginny pig and let us know how it rides? They are cheep at Jenson USA.

Just a little update on the Muddy Mary Freeride Gooey Gluey tire:
I’m still riding it and after patching up a couple of spots on the inner tube I haven’t had any more flats until now. It does seem to wear pretty quickly and it has become very loud on tarmac, especially on tarmac. I think I’ll try the triple nano compound version next. How is that Vredestein tire, Saskatchawanian?

the Bull Lock is really light has very active bounce and has great grip in mud and hardpack but slips on wet rocks and roots and is a bit buzzy on the road. It seems to be wearing pretty well but I am generally not very hard on tires. I might try it out on the slushy icy trails today and see how it does there.

My up graded Muni 26" today. Ride’s great too :sunglasses: