Post Your MUni here!

One has a Surly Nate 26"x3.8" and the other is a 29"x3" knard. :sunglasses:

The fatty is done. It took my LBS 4 days to build the wheel (the spoke length was tricky), it took me 2 hours to get the damn rim tape to stay in place, and took my LBS another 3 hours to install the brake (the rotor is still untrue, but I don’t even hear the slight rubbing, so it doesn’t bother me). After all this, I took her on a ride and it was WONDERFUL. I felt like I had shocks on my uni! A review will follow, but for now, here are the specs and some pictures.

Triton Triple Muni frame 24/26/29
Deity purple seat post clamp
Scott Wallis CF base with Impact Naomi foam and cover
Surly Marge Lite 26’’ rim with Surly Light Tube and Surly Marge Lite rim tape (plus duct tape for design)
Origin8 Devist8er Ultralight Tire 26x4.0’’
DT Comp spokes, black
DT purple alloy nipples
Deity purple presta valve cap
Mad4One black CroMo hub 32H
MountainUni Brake Kit with purple chainring bolts
Twenty6 Predator Ti-axle pedals with black traction pins
Hope Tech 3 X2 disc brake, purple, front right lever

TOTAL WEIGHT: 13 pounds 12 oz. (6.23 kg)

EDIT: Also, BIG thanks to MountainUni for helping me figure out this whole disc brake thing. He provides excellent customer service, high quality products, and simplified instructions for slow-learners like me. :slight_smile:

Beautiful! Your creations are works of art!

That is damn gorgeous Bri, well done!

Jim

Thanks guys! Since I’m jobless for the next year and a half, this will be my final build and final post in this thread. :slight_smile: Maybe if nursing fails I’ll become a unicycle designer. I’m pretty sure we decided that was a thing.

I’ve said that before…

Two builds ago…

Pretty nice, but where’s the dropper seatpost?

Haha no but for real this time!! I’m officially out of spending money.

What’s that?

That’s so weird that you post this, because at the bike shop yesterday as I was getting my brake installed, a guy came in with a malfunctioning seatpost that looked just like that!

Good to know that. I hadn’t seen any mention of MountainUni lately and wonder if it was still going even.

I’ll note the irony nonetheless of having three sets of brake mounts on your frame and not using any of them. :slight_smile:

Yes it is and you’re it. But you’ve got yourself a really nice bunch of unicycles to ride in the meantime. Enjoy them, and best of luck with nursing.

This is my #1 post with the unicycle community. I have recently discovered you all and am so glad! I had no idea there were such a large crowd of other unicycle riders in one place. There are many great uni’s as I looked through the pages of this thread. I’ll share my first purchase that I’ve been riding for a year now. It is the Sun 24" Muni. It has treated me great thus far, only requiring a few replacement spokes and patched tube. I recently added the HS33 Magura hydro brake and am learning how to use it. Thanks for looking!

I didn’t attach my picture correctly. Here is a quick snap of the MUni out on the trail this afternoon.

Nice picture and nice uni. Thanks for posting. I hadn’t seen one of those up close before. The frame looks tidy and I dig tubular steel crank arms. With the Maguras you’re all set!

Haha yeah I figured out a way to make the rim brake holes pretty at least. :slight_smile:
Mountainuni is still up and running, just minus the Scott Wallis stuff. :slight_smile:

What is that, on-the-fly seat height changing?

This is one of the, if not simply THE, most beautiful muni I’ve ever seen.

One little flaw, not your fault: triton have to learn to place their brand name a little higher on the fork. Now the N is obscured by the disc. From the looks of it, it is higher on the other side where there is no disc.

At first I thought this might be because the frame’s designed to fit different wheel sizes. Then I thought, the disc will be in the same place no matter the wheel size… Dumb design on their part!

This frame is actually one of their older designs before they added the disc brake welds (hence the reason I’m using the mountainuni set-up). I’m pretty sure the newer frames (and probably the frames that are coming out this summer) have higher logos and the logos are fatter. The logos on my two Triton frames are decals, whereas the logos on the newer frames coming out are bead blasted on. So if I’m correct, this problem was fixed. Doesn’t bother me one bit, especially since I have extra decals in case those get stripped. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Also, thanks for the compliment, Klaas Bil. I had fun building it and I’m having even more fun riding it! :slight_smile:

I just got a Sun 24" muni too! It was on sale last week. Does yours make a ringing sound when you hop?