Nice handle. If you want it lower it would be easy to raise the boom part a bit and flip the quill stem upside down. That is what I did with a similar setup when i finally realized that lower is better. It might also make it easier to reach the brake handle from the handle grips.
On the bar I used this winter I swapped the grips so they faced out instead of in to give me room for the thumbs of my big mitts when it is -30˚. It worked really well and I think I am going to keep it that way on my MUni bar.
it was just made to test some measurements for a “right” handle but it works so well - and now I ride it for half a year and 2000km.
please excuse the dowdy finish - if I had thought to use it more than three days I would build it with more quality:o
its made from an broken KH 20" and its very stiff in combination with a carbon saddleplate - this one is made from Axel “akaestle”.
If do it once more I would use a 6mm bolt instead of 8mm in the front.
Nice work Hugo. I too have been modifying the KH lift handles with hole saws and endmills to cradle different custom unicycle handlebars. Not sure what type of plastic (HDPE??) it is made from, but with all its webbing up front, it is very strong - even when heavily bored out as you have done.
I just finished a batch of about eight “Black Cocks” that are more for MUNI than distance, but when you see the picture, I think you will see why it got that name.
The advantage of my T-Bar: You can pull it out by removing just one screw. That makes it suitable for a mixed distance and Muni ride, perhaps with s geared hub on a 26" uni. And it is short enough to carry it in a backpack. You only need to be careful with the hole in the handle, it may be dangerous for the fingers.
Just want to share my “spline-Bar” with All the creative minds on the forum, hoping to get some input and ideas.
I’m a Mechanical engineer, and have access to a manufacturing facility that allows me water-jet and lazer cutting, milling ,turning ,etc. So, there are no limitations there.
What I’m presenting is mostly a “jig” that would allow me to play around with different riding positions. Future versions will be optimized by functionality and weight.
Notice the concept includes adjustment on the angular position of the seat post, in a way that doesn’t affect the pedal to seat distance.
Wide range for aero bar position adjustment on the front section would allow me relative adjustment for weight balance.
I will report soon about the “riding” experience on it…