Post your home made unicycle upgrades.

Hey, All. I havenā€™t posted in quite a while but Iā€™m still lurking on the forum in the digital shadows so to speak. Hereā€™s my modified Nimbus 36 which I love. My friend did everything in like 5 hours, and I mostly just watched hehe. TIG tacked plates over the fork sides, dark gray paint with white pearl and a clear coat to top it offā€¦I think he did a damn good job. :slight_smile:

Nice job, but was there a reason to put plates on the fork? Not that it aintā€™ pretty!

i just spent 2 hours making this spiffy new seat cover out of some old pants i had in the closet. the top is dickies and the sides are jeans. probably wont last verry long but it was fairly entertaining to make.

Jarin, that looks ghetto fabulousā€¦

haha thanks. it looks even better in person ( my camera kinda sucks). now i just gotta get some new foam inside and do some stronger stitching and it will be ready for action.

I just thought my ride needed a style upgrade so no, there was no other reason for the mod except to make her look pretty. :sunglasses:

Home Made Road frame update

Well I finished it after putting it down for a while. Now to test it. Not the best pictures but youvā€™e seen it in pieces.

need shorter cranks!

yes, but the best way to improve comfort is to remove your own nuts. not recommended

Brake mount mk2

Mark 2 brake mount. Thinking about mark 3 still

Double hole

Well it has double holes, and note to self: Donā€™t be so cheep, you canā€™t garbage pick everything. TOTAL COST: 0$ Thatā€™s right everything was picked from used bikes and garbage, About six hours of cut and weld time. Be more inventive.
Donā€™t like wheel, looks cool. But lopes at under 100 psi. could be the load on it (ME) 220lbs. But I can change it out easy enough. anyone interested? Made from trashed Mountain bike Spin rim 26" Cranks are two hole from childs bike. Old GT LTS 2 frame, check earlier posts.

Lobby

Iā€™m interested in ANYTHING you build :slight_smile:

I need to learn how to weld.

Welding is not really all that hard, just a lot of practice, practice, practice, and a half way decent machine. I have a small MIG welder that does pretty good with steel. Aluminum is a nother matter. Argon gas and more practiceing! Looked up MIG welding aluminum on the internet to find out what I was doing wrong. Now more practicing. LOL But sure is fun.

LobbyBopsterā€¦ what part of Cali are you in? Iā€™m a ā€œlarger and laterā€ (230#X48y) uni guy myself and am very interested in learning more about your suspension retrofit for both my 36ā€™er and my 24. Would help with landings as Iā€™m trying to get back into skatepark unicycling after all these years :slight_smile:

Would love to see your stuff in person.

I do like that bit of creative fabrication there. Nice work
Did you cut off the handlebar clamp off of the brake lever to make this brake mount??
Any more pics of this from the side view??
Does the lever blade/spooner bottom out on the underside of the seat/lift handle??

Brycer

i made some v brakes

Hi Brycer yes cut off the handlebar clamp. Left only the clamp bolt mount (it becomes one of the mounting points). Does the lever spooner bottom out NO!
I have the same distance as when the lever is mounted on a handlebar, it works. If I can find sum more Pre 2005 Mastercylinder. :smiley: Iā€™ll look at photo from the right hand side the week sometime! Pete.

nice clip less pedals i tried them once on the uni how is it working for you?

Thatā€™s the thread I was looking for the other day! Iā€™ll post my repaired seatpost today, I made my own seatpost with a KH 2007 post and the top part of a 2009 forged seatpost. Both were broken, and I needed a seatpost. I used JB Weld and screws!

Ok, here it is! Not an upgrade but a homemade repairā€¦ My custom KH 2007-2009 seatpost! :slight_smile: