Post your home made unicycle upgrades.

Yes I designed it and builded it (which is fun) for Karapoti Classic and Muni riding.
My next goal is so Big and costs a lot so all of my Uni’s have to go :sunglasses:
Pete G…

Ha Ha it start’s in 2012 in January until Mid May (2012) 12,000km’s.
That’s 140km’s per day.
Pete G

Yeah but the world’s gonna end in 2012!

All of them??? Aww man!

the man!

140km! Do you not fancy enjoying yourself on this trip?

Hey that’s great. Is that an overall average including rest days?

Without rest days that means 86 days. Intense!

Will the tour be supported? Are you alone or with a group?

I guess this is getting off-topic but your tour sounds awesome.

Hi Yes its average of 140kms! short day is 80km’s (in sand) longer days at end 200+ kms! 96 days of riding. Total of 106 days from start to finish.
Its open to all. and is supported.
Would have to be superman to ride on a Uni :wink:
Pete G…

may be I know samone… :roll_eyes: :thinking:

I did some little things to my torker to try to make it better! For functionality sake the griptape, and removed all the ugly stickers.

I made a fender from an old tyre.
See -> here.
Protection is excellent, looks are… well… theft-preventing.

that’s so cool! Good idea

Semi-homemade handlebar

Part Nimbus Shadow, part b*ke

Shadow bar ends on shadow bent bar going into a section of b*ke top tube (with shim)
Seatpost tube mounted to seatpost on 29"

(yes I know the cycle computer isn’t bolted on- i need to make a shim)

Not been tested yet.

P250111_23.000001.JPG

Here is my just completed temporary/possibly permanent muni handlebar. So far, I’ve only ridden up and down the alley and am optimistic, though some adjustments are inevitable. The real test will be on the local trails/hills in the upcoming days/weeks. My idea of the ultimate bar is a 22.2mm aluminum bar welded directly onto a saddle reinforcement plate. In the absence of welding skills, I made this out of spare parts, including T7 bar base, 1" steer tube from old road bike, 1/2 of an aluminum riser bar whacked a few times with a sledge hammer for proper shape, and a couple of seatpost clamps - all mounted on a Nimbus 26" muni, mostly stock.

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG

That sounds like TDA Global Cycling

Which sounds amazing. But also pricy - E8900 for the full tour. Also it wouldn’t quite be a proper adventure as it is fully supported and pre-planned. But would still be fun!

And I’d imagine it is totally doable by uni.

Tempting (if unrealistic)…

Sam

Yes Sam it is Tour d’ Afrique! Yes it costs a lot but can be more fun then ride solo! Planned? it Africa things can change all the time.
The cost is why My Triton will be up for sale after Karapoti Classic.
I know you or Ken Looi can ride it all, but with 800km’s of cycle in the 1st 7 days and only a day off before the next 400+ km’s? for Me two wheels will be more fun at the end of the day!
Pete G… :astonished:

off topic - sorry

:astonished: PETE YOU ARE SELLING YOUR UNI!!! :astonished: PRIORITIES!!! :wink: What are you going to do once the tour is ova and you are yearning to go uni riding at craters etc? What about the uni Nats in Taupo later this year - you’ll need a uni for that. :thinking:

Hi Rox i’ll talk to Warren and ask to use one off he’s.
Pete G…

I think that even goad them (and a few other, Dave etc.) more:p

I got really curious after seeing people had painted their own frames and such, so I decided I would play around with it, since it’s just my torker, and I don’t much care about it.

I sanded down the frame rough, then used some fine steel wool-sort of stuff to smooth it out, primed with a layer of white spray paint, then painted 3 light coats purple, 3 light coats glossy clear coat.

For the rim and tire I just messed around spraying different patterns and such, and then by the time I was done playing, it was all just purple… I realize you shouldn’t really paint a tire, but I thought it would be fun to see what happened to it over time from jumps compressing the tire.

Then I wanted to do something with the cranks and seatpost since I had done everything else, so I sanded down sections through the original paint, and then smoothed it and painted it with clear coat.

It was actually really fun to do. And I have some cool ideas for the next time I do one.

EDIT: Ah yes, and while I was doing this, I noticed my cranks are not on the same axis, but I don’t think they were always like that so I’m not sure how it happened…

“Milka”:smiley: