Post Your Current Projects Here

Dam thats a nice 29er! How do you like those pedals? Good grip?

Be aware that although it fits fine Monsieur K’s frame and hub it may not fit so well on other different KH hubs- if the splines are worn it may not fit to good :slight_smile: I know someone that has to do machining to make the spirit disc brake system work with there cranks and older kh frame!

Nukeproof electrons if I’m not mistaken - what I have on my muni (as does Feisty), and they work very nicely.

Yup I have them on my Trials and Muni and would not use anything else cost/weight/price/function ticks every box which is rare for any product :slight_smile:

Grip is perfect, not the most grippy due to the light convex profile but I have never slipped off but can adjust my foot position if required.

This is my 26in KH-street unicycle it started life as a nimbus 26 muni

Kh street- going to be a nimbus flat in a few weeks
Quax post
nimbus clamp- soon to be green
N26 frame- painted purple soon
N26 wheel with hookworm
K1 light cranks
Oddicy pcs- jcpc when they get here

I just found a Surly Conundrum today at a bike store. Its cranks and rim are pretty much crap though. I plan on getting those parts replaced with kris holm parts though. I will post pics tomorrow. :wink:

New (mostly) 36er

I’m building up a new 36er.
Nimbus Oracle 36 frame.
Nimbus double quick release seat clamp (buying white, but will probably paint it purple).
New wheel built on Oregon hub and black Nimbus Stealth2 rim.
Magura MT2 disc brake, with either 180 or 203mm disc (not yet decided).
New lightweight 36er tire.
KH Moments cranks, drilled, either 165 (might add second threaded hole) or 125/150 (I’ve got both in the parts bin). Or might go with 150 Ventures if I don’t like the extra width of this hub (would upgrade my son’s uni to Moments to get the Ventures).
KH Street saddle, seatpost, T-Bar/Shadow combination handle, and purple Odyssey Twisted PC pedals to be taken off my Coker Big One.
In a couple weeks I’m getting metal out from the leg I broke riding geared on ice in January - this new uni build is my gift to myself as incentive to heal. :slight_smile:

Nice!

Sounds like my planned build, although I am toying with a standard disc hub and running a KH frame.

I am confused as to what seat diameter the 36 Oracle is as the UDC UK site refers to it as 25.4 but the double seat clamp only comes in 27.2 as far as I am aware???

I asked Josh about that. The post for Oracle (and all current Nimbus uni’s) is 25.4, but the clamp does fit both Oracle and KH frames because the frame tubing is thicker on the Oracle.

Ah that would do it, thick old tubing then :thinking:

Thanks for clearing that up :slight_smile:

It sounded to me like they were just trying to keep the same post diameter on all Nimbus uni’s, and couldn’t reduce the aluminum tubing down to the same width as steel, so kept the outer diameter the same as KH so they could also market the new clamps to KH owners. Josh told me the Oracle frame (we were talking about 36ers) is actually a little lighter than the KH, mostly because there are no gussets at the seat tube interface, and no Magura mounts. I’m pleased that the seat tube tubing is a little thicker than KH, because my KH frame shows slight fatigue where the seat clamp fits on.

Just waiting for the tire. . .

You need to get that machined sidewall painted :wink:

pah you call that a parts collection

My 36 build is steaming along as you might have seen in my other thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Beat that!

collar_small.JPG

I did go paint shopping, but the only acid etch primer I could find was in a spray can, and it won’t be warm enough for that for a few months.
I think the hideous seat clamp needs painting more than anything else - love the color of yours, although the double quick release is sweeeeeet.

Ahhh never thought about weather as we rarely get anything too cold.

No Green D-brake?

The clamp came from tarty bikes, you could always file the lip off one and turn two into a double clamp. If the thread is the same you could screw in the levers off the QR into them as well. It would be a pricey clamp though :stuck_out_tongue:

They were out of green d’brakes. :frowning:

I’m happy with the Nimbus clamp, assuming it works as well as it looks like it will. Won’t take much paint to tone it down a bit.

So, in your review of the double quick release clamps, you said you’d been riding the last couple days. I’d love to see some pics of the new build, unless I have to wait until the snow melts to see it in person on a ride.

Not done yet, just put it together bare bones so far. Still waiting on the new tire, and need to install my brake, computer, etc. Got partway through grinding my Sinz cranks last night. Might unveil it by next weekend.

I’ll also have a spare 36er you can try. :slight_smile:

Would love to try the spare 36er. Will the new build use the purple pedals? That would be kinda cool in a “why does the Hulk wear purple pants?” kind of way.:smiley:

I decided to switch to green to match the hub. My son, who is into Minecraft,has named the new uni “The Creeper.” :slight_smile:

The purple pedals are going on the 29er. I’ll probably also paint the clamp to match. I will now call it “Purple Haze.” :sunglasses:

I started with a set of kiddy bike cranks http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/alloy-cotterless-crankset-with-40t-steel-1-8-inch-chainwheel-inc-guard-140-mm-cranks-prod4951/ No spider on the crank - the chainring attaches to the crank via a splined interface. I cut off the bit holding on the chainring and then cut/filed down the splined bit on the crank. Now I have a set of 140 square taper uni cranks which are a lot lighter than the steel ones UDC sell, and a lot cheaper than buying alu ones direct from Schlumpf (with the bonus that these have a straight profile which should make shifting easier).

Now fitted to my first generation Schlumpf and shifting is a lot easier than with the 152.5s it came with - I also much prefer spinning the slightly shorter cranks. They’re definitely less substantial than most uni cranks, but this is a road use only uni and I’m not all that heavy - can’t say I’ve noticed the flex.

PB251157resize.jpg

PB251158resize.jpg

PB251159resize.jpg

PC021161resize.jpg