Post your broken Uni parts here..

Cool! I like the new Nimbus hub. I think there’s a little crack on my KH hub flange, but I can’t really see it because the bearings are in the way. I think it’s just from pedal grabs and grinds. Anyway, I hope it will last a long time:)

does this mean i had a good day on the shore or a bad day?

1 Like

DUDE!!! What did you do?!?

I just took apart my uni. I am replacing the rim because it is in bad shape, as you can see from the picture About 75% of the rim between the drill-out is borken. I was looking at Terry’s pics and I was wondering: Should I replace the hub as well, or does that have more life in it?

1 Like

I would say a good day…

Dude, I really hope that the bail that can cause that are gonna be in your MUni video!

+1 :smiley:

haha dont worry boys, the bail will be in there. I havent fallen that hard since…i dont think ever, lets just say it hurts to breathe today.

MMM…tacos

mmtacos.jpg

1 Like

Can’t wait! :smiley:

1 Like

+1 is that a 09 rim

yeah. whole uni is '09

I think your hub is stills good, mine was like that too, or maybe even worst and I didn’t changed it. If it ever break, just change it then but if you want to be sure that it wont break change it now.

Whoa! can you still ride it like a Kangooroo(?) uni or the wheel hits the bottom of the crown when it turns?

dude awesome, that’s definately a good day, except the costs to replace the wheel.

thats why factory ssponsorships are sweet :wink:

Jkohse your a beast! I’ve only done worse then that one time and that was on a kids bike.:o:p:(

I found that I can’t really remove the spokes from the hub. I know you can start a wheel build with all the spokes in the hub, but I don’t think a wheel-building novice like me could pull that off. Maybe the LBS would do it…

yeah, I had some trouble to remove the spokes and put them on because of the bent flange, but I used the KH in the flange to take them off. I think that’s why there’s the KH there, it’s to remove the spokes when the flange are bent because of that:p

EDIT: Haha, it’s funny to read the last part.

Broken Axle

Ouch, That stopped me!

1 Like

How that happend?

Aren’t the 08 and 09 rim the same?

no, definitely not. 09 has oval holes and offset spokes

before and after shots of my broken KH frame, had it re welded around the circle, and two small gussets added, $50 from a guy who works on motocross stuff.

i’m going to paint it a different color tho, so i don’t have to repaint the whole uni, haha.

1 Like