Post Your 36er Here

Thank you! The unicycle is for sale…I will be getting my new KH36 any day now :sunglasses:
I already have a buyer, my girlfriend’s younger brother. I feel like I have “raised” him as a unicyclist, first getting him going on his old 20", then convincing him to get a 26" MUni and now getting him into the world of big wheels :smiley:

Too bad I wasted too much time getting outside with the uni and camera, the beautiful light disappeared before I took the last two pictures (the closeups of the seat clamp/frame)…

Here she is…

Sweet ride! That’s a lot of storage you got there too. What make is the rear bag? It’s got an interesting method of attachment.

Thanks!

I can’t remember the make of the bag (will post when I get home).

It is something like this and it clips on and off for versatility.

Theoretically, I think I could clip another bag on the opposite way for added storage.

Detours bags

The company that makes those bags is called “Detours”. There are now several sizes available. The largest is the High Tail exp UL. I’ve got two: the Bob Tail (?) and the High Tail. These bags are perfect for carrying stuff on the unicycle as long as you’ve got an inch or two available on your seat post. Most bike bags attach to the saddle, but unicycle saddles don’t have the little hooky attachment clip things (whatever they are. I haven’t owned a bike since forever.) These Detours bags attach firmly to the seat post. As a bonus, the seat post mounting bracket works for the different bags. You just pick the right sized bag and clip it on.
These bags are a great way to carry stuff without putting the weight on your butt. I highly recommend them.
Geoff

ipounds and naturequack…those racks/packs look great! and lighter than mine. I just put on an Axiom Journey rack. The flat bed is removable with quick release levers so I mounted the bar upside down. And I cut the bar shorter and cut out lots of aluminum on the flat bed to save weight. It’s like this, but a 4 bolt mount instead of quick release.

IMG_0297.gif

Cool, thanks for the info! Alas, I don’t really have any seatpost left on my nightrider. The curse of having short legs :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to make do with suspending a bag from the T7 handle.

I thought I’d throw my Nightrider into the mix with the rest of the ones that have popped up lateley. I just put the long cranks back on for a couple of rides to compare with the 125’s I’ve been riding. It makes me wonder if I would change my pedals a lot with dual hole cranks…

I like the lightweight pedals, and they work really well with Vans. A bit too grippy with 5.10’s. The brake is great with the 125’s. After switching back to 150’s I find that I’m not using it for hills that I once thought demanded it. Still thinking about a seat. I’m leaning towards a Qu-Ax air, or a KH Street. I don’t know. It’s a work in progress.

Anyway,

Frame: Nightrider
Seat: KH Fusion
Seatpost: Nimbus
Bar: Coker Pi Bar
Brake: Tektro V’s with Thumb shifter for lever
Brake Mount: Home grown $5.00 Hardware store special
Tire: Wheel TA (just changed from the Button Tread)
Tube: IRC 29’er w/presta valve. Rim grommet to adapt to smaller valve stem
Rim: Coker Double walled aluminum
Spokes: Coker Stainless
Hub: Coker Super Wide 48 spoke
Cranks: Steel 150mm, or 125mm Coker alluminum
Pedals: resin body aluminum caged mountain bike pedals with deep teeth

Just got a new pair of moment cranks to replace my 125/150’s. They are the 110/125. I made the change since I won’t be using my 36er for off road, since I got my 29er for that. So I just came back from a riding my 36er using the 110mm hole, and I cannot tell the difference between these and the 114mm I used to use on my radial 36er.

I’m happy about that since I was so used to the 114’s and thought the 110’s might be noticeably harder to spin and climb, but so far they seem to feel about identical. I guess 4mm isn’t really enough of a difference to tell. :smiley:

Also, these particular sized moments do not have the steel threaded inserts, which I never really thought were necessary anyway, especially for 36er riding. :slight_smile:

DSC01441.JPG

mad machine

Triton 36" titanium frame
Schlumpf hub
Mountainuni Disk Brake / Shimano
“akaestle” Carbon saddleplate
“jogi” handlebar

Now that, my friends, is a unicycle! NICE JOGI!

Wow, Awesome uni!:smiley: But why do you have 2 brakes? you have only one wheel:p

Also, Is that “Jogi Handlebar” a KH frame? It looks pretty cool:)

Sweet!

Yep, you probably have the only unicycle with brakeS!

So let’s see: Gears?.. Check!
Handlebars?.. Check!
Brakes?.. Check!

Can I interest you in a training wheel?

Geoff

Jogi is testing the MountainUni Brake rotor against the Magura, comparing and contrasting the function of both brakes. Very smart!

Holy shit, I think I’ll have to go and change my pants now. Jogi, are you aware there are also children looking at these pics on the forums? I think this is going a little too far now.

+10

WOW, that is by far the best 36er I have ever seen. That handlebar is also very cool, I would love to see more pics of just the handle - it looks exactly like the kind of handle that would make me switch from the gb4.

A geared titanium 36er with a disc brake = !!! :sunglasses:

Hopefully last picture w/o Schlumpf hub…

elke´s modified version.
Triton 36er frames and nimbus handlebars. Still without hub.

My what big cranks you have …

:roll_eyes: