Post Your 36er Here

36er “Uni-Cable-Cam” shot earlier today using a new camera. KH 36er, handle & aerobars removed for offroad, and 150mm cranks. Hope you enjoy! :smiley:

KH 36er, handle & aerobars removed for offroad, and 150mm cranks.

Using the above setup for “Uni-Cable-Cam”, shot earlier today using a new camera.

I like the slow mo Terry, but you need longer cranks on the 36er :roll_eyes:

When my birthday present get here I’ll post a pic or two, then it’s off to the hills of North Carolina!!

I am currently testing one of the 36er off road prototype tires. I am waiting on Matt to give me “guidelines” as to what I can pubish in terms of comments and pictures.

So for now I can’t answer questions, but I can say the following without getting in too much trouble:

The tire I am riding weighs ~1500gm
Tire quality is consistent with currently available tires
The tread pattern is the same as what I have seen in previously posted pictures

If Matt gives me the go ahead, I’ll post pics and answer questions. There is at least one other forum member who has tested this tire, so maybe he will chime in…

Only Matt and his fellow tire developers know the time line for when these tires will be available for retail sale, so don’t ask me.

Matt embarked on this tire development last Summer after some discussion threads were stared on MTBR and on this forum. In less than one year he has brought this tire into production, not a small feat, he is to be commended.

So please support this project, buy a tire or two when they become available.

Sweet! I’m looking forward to reading whatever Matt gives you the OK to share.
For anyone who doesn’t know what Ben is talking about: 900-1000g 36" tire, anyone interested?

I was feeling “blue” so I went for the Mustang “Grabber Blue”! I really love this color!

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

b frame.jpg

b stang.jpg

b paint.jpg

Lake Amboseli, Kenya.

African36Safari.jpg

Sweet idea. I’ll be looking for you downtown - I just started commuting (via SEPTA) through Penn’s campus…

– UniT

1507gms of tender loving goodness:

Heading to Tsali, fun, fun, fun!

http://www.main.nc.us/graham/hiking/tsali.html

is that moss on your frame?

Moss?

Not likely, probably just the matte finish and dirt making it look funny. Now there could be moss on my car since I rarely wash it… :smiley:

It just looks funny.

I’m currently upgrading my 36er and I want to get a new handlebar system. Is the KH T-bar + b*cycle aerobars (as introduced by Muniaddict previously in this thread) as excellent choice as I might think or is there nowadays any better solutions to make long rides more comfortable? :thinking:

Need a little extra leverage? :smiley:

IMG_0303.JPG

Terry, them’s some long cranks!

Did you have them made of are they a mock up?

I have some 180’s that were made by Truvativ for jump bikes, but they were bit much, so I imagine those suckers are gonna be some work to spin :astonished:

Bwahahahahaha. A 36er with what, 400mm cranks?

Good day to all!

Here is my brand new QuAx 36"…on our usual morning ride :roll_eyes:

Sorry if it is in wrong topic (I did not find this part on forum or other places) but I am going to install magura hs33 rim brakes on my big wheel. I ordered it in CRC online shop… so it came with ~2m hose >_<
In set there is olive and compression nut. I did not find any hose insert there (during shortening some Shimano brakes I used to cut hose, put in hose insert, put on olive and tight). Does someone have picture manual of shortening of magura rim brakes hose? I interested only in the cutted end accessories - do I need insert or not. It will be really bed to cut hose and leave it disassembled till order with insert arrives :o

Thanks in advance,
Hudson

You do need an insert. I’ve heard of people reusing the old one, but you’d have to be very careful getting it out of the hose. Magura has a good instructional video of shortening the hose on YouTube.

Edit: my experience is with MT disc brake, but I’m pretty sure it would be the same for the rim brake. Forum user Brycer in Portland can get you the part, try sending him a private message.

You do need an insert. I’ve heard of people reusing the old one, but you’d have to be very careful getting it out of the hose. Magura has a good instructional video of shortening the hose on YouTube.