Post a picture of your unicycle(s)

I’ve got my brake lever directly attached to the handle saddle, with a starfighter and tilted about 20 degrees towards the center. This makes it easily accessible to both hands. With your brake attached to the handle it does put it in a position where it is more likely to contact your leg however. I remedied this by sliding the brake forward about an inch and now I don’t notice it brushing my leg. I’m not 100% sure I’m happy with the more forward hand placement this entails though. I’ll see what I think after a couple more weeks of riding it like it is.

It would be nice to mount it dead center like the adaptor does, except the adaptor places it too far away.

2 Likes

thanks to @Unikev for the saddle! my 29’er is actually going to get ridden now :+1:

4 Likes

36” nimbus oracle
27.5 M4o
19” impact reagent
20” impact reagent
Scooter.

8 Likes

Just a few

No Sportster

7 Likes

Are these self-made? Curious frameshape.

They are his own

Yes these are self-made. I started making my own in early 2002, no muni’s existed that I could not break off-road. Also no in frame disc that I liked so well. Everything from 20" up to the 36" Making better/stronger hubs for disc because old square taper wasn’t strong enough, used 3/4" square Primo bmx cranks back then and improved them ever since.

1 Like

I knew you had made suspension uni’s but I didn’t realize you made 5 of them!

I have more suspension uni’s in the garage. Some are in the hands of my brothers, and sister. In total there are 21 out there with suspension and disc brake, (1) 20" prototype no brake, two tandems and several custom shaft drive giraffes for, as you guess, circus performers. I also have made disc brake adapters for the schlumpf hubs but thanks to Roger those will be available soon.

3 Likes

Do you have any pictures of the giraffes or tandems suspension uni’s?

sorry I misled you, the tandems are rigid just uni/tandem, the giraffes made shaft drive to not tangle costume have been owned by Ringling bros. circus clowns for more than twenty years.(Too bad they are gone) I was describing the types of unicycles I have made. I still have more in the garage tho.

This arrived in the post today. Used KH26 Schlumpf #274 model with Hookworm tyre.

All this for £800 shipped UK and it looks and feels hardly ridden / used.

This photo is it basically as it arrived. I’ve just swapped the older KH/Nimbus saddle that was on it for a newer one from my 29er.

Due to get Maguras set up by end of week, as I realised why rock the boat on this nice set up trying to install a disc system.

Had first taste for high gear. Mind blown. Such a weird and WONDERFUL feeling. Riding down the street with cadence you’d get on a b*ke.

Suffice it to say I’m a Schlumpf convert even at this first outing! Tons to learn, I know. But first impressions can make or break that process.

10 Likes

I put this pic together for a facebook post, here’s my Uni family. My son also has a QU-AX 20" so it’s really a family of 6 hanging in the garage.

The DM was my first uni for my 30th. I use the DM & the Pashley for teaching others to ride. My main ride is my 36er which I love.

6 Likes

Bargain! The Schlumpf alone is worth the purchase.

1 Like

Love the NightRider there, such a great frame and look.

I have a NightRider frame and I feel it is destined to form a 32” one day.

1 Like

It’s a pleasure to ride and feels bomb-proof

1 Like

How often do you ride your Nimbus Nightrider Pro?

1 Like

Is it bomb proof though? IIRC @UniMyra broke his and I often wondered if this happened to others and was the reason the design was abandoned.

It looks great though!

1 Like

It’s certainly quite flexy. I can hear the disc brake rub on mine when I corner.

1 Like

Usually twice a week for about 20ks