Pictures of your latest ride

Riding Around Greece!

On holiday in Greece I had a few opportunities to ride. Along the coast and later around the Acropolis in Athens…

It was all going so well until the bird plane struck! :stuck_out_tongue:

Video of the 36’er MUni crash at:
http://unplannedismounts.com/2010/10/02/birdplane-crash/

85cm static, cleared with ease :slight_smile: I think its time to move up!
And as far as i know that’s my first complete tuck :smiley:

One of the 1st Sunny weekends this Spring :slight_smile: It nice to find Bike Taupo have but in Unicycle Parking Posts :stuck_out_tongue: Started riding some of the Singletrack in High Gear for the 1st time this weekend too :wink:

Riding Rockies - Powderface Ridge Yesterday

Great pics everyone, nice to see terrain folks are riding. I had a fantastic ride yesterday with a friend and his training wheel. Not too many pics actually riding, but it is an incredible steep 12km loop with 600m elevation change. Great views!

Imagine joining in the 1st annual causal b*ke ride across the Mid-Hudson walkway bridge, and as you cross through the gate entering the bridge, you find someone had chalked on the pavement, a unicycle, and “Hi” with your name. Wow, what a surprise. Then 1.25 miles later, find the same at the other end of the bridge.

So Hello James! Thank you for the surprise and fine greeting this morning. I hope you enjoyed the late night first year celebration of the opening of the bridge/walkway. So you covered the Sat night, and while I had covered the morning. I took pictures of the chalk work Sunday morning (looked better in live), and have added other pictures from the walkway showing off what beautiful place it is to ride.

Edit: Just you all know, people were encouraged to chalk art and messages on the pavement, in fact a Ranger stopped me to make sure I saw the drawing, and mentioned that kept the lights on late so James could finish the drawing.

These are from Poughkeepsie NY USA

Go you Ali!! :smiley:

Camel Big One (36" +)

I got the free mount pretty reliable now and did a few miles of beach on hump day this week. Handles well in the sand, has built in water storage so I did’nt need my Camelbak

My first post in here :slight_smile:

That was yesterday, just went up the hill near my house.

Ha! great! Those are some long cranks.

KH36 Rollercoaster MUni Movie!

Behind the scenes of the KH36 Rollercoaster MUni Movie - communing with the GoPro and KH36 :stuck_out_tongue:

KH36 Rollercoaster MUni Movie in HD at:
http://unplannedismounts.com/2010/10/03/kh36-rollercoaster-muni-movie/

Terry, that picture is epic.

haha, thanks! It’s from this video.

Few snaps from uninats :slight_smile:

The skatebike, it was one of the strangest contraptions I’ve had the opportunity to ride.

I got to ride a giraffe, it was so much fun!

…and after attempting the muni course on our 20’s :smiley:

Cool vid - I loved the part from 1:30 to 1:45 where your shadow was giving chase.

I had a go on one of those recently as well. I was surprised how hard it was to ride - I was expecting it to be just like riding a bike no-handed but it seemed far weirder than that. Certainly nothing like a unicycle!

(it was on grass though, which probably didn’t help :/)

Rob

Camel Big One

Hey Straightarrow, I bet that ride would come have been a nice break when we did the STP. lol. I could just see the bicyclist when you pulled up on that baby.:smiley:

1 Like

Mt. Diablo Challenge

I just rode the Mt. Diablo Challenge yesterday. Last year there were six of us one wheelers, this year I was the only one. What’s up folks? Where’s the representation? :slight_smile: I took a couple minutes off my time. Got it down to 1:16:18 Placed 491 out of 773.

Pic 1: Watch out for that guy in the distance!
Pic 2: Rounding Devil’s Elbow. 10 miles down, one mile to go.
Pic 3: On the podium. After 11 miles and 3,300’ of climbing, I’ve just received the grand prize of the goofiest pair of warm up shorts I’ve ever seen. Thick fuzzy Shanghai Tartan long shorts. My expression says it all: “WTF? You expect me to wear these POS? You must have a screw loose.” I hope I wasn’t too ungracious. One of the organizers then handed me a black bag with 2 water bottles that I could put in my water bottle cages on my bike??? I stuffed the shorts in the bag and stuffed the bag under the truck. But hey, the hot chocolate was good.

It was a great ride. I love passing bicyclists, and on a ride like this there are hundreds to pass.

Geoff

Devils elbow 1.JPG

Devils Elbow 3.JPG

Thanks Joebike! I like the chasing shadow too. I think I’ve got enough footage to make a shadow only vid so might have a go at that too.