Pictures of your latest ride

Haha, reminds me of this randomly:

Joe(lle) Hodges it was, wasn’t it?

Yep, this crazy Joe Hodges… I just cant watch this, it just looks sooooooooo painful… I always get a shock too when I watch it…

Ouch! Just watched that for the first time and I am still cringing… :astonished:

scientific analysis, UPD scene

They have some pretty strong grass in the Netherlands too. :sunglasses:
Here’s my latest ride in my “backyard”:

I see a b*ke… Grrr… :smiley:

Yeah crazy joe hodges…

:slight_smile:

Tsss, unicycles, bcycles, trcycles… they’re all cycles after all, aren’t they? It’s all one big family of wheels sharing the trails in harmony.

Actually it was pretty cool for a change. It was a 60km long tour that would have taken me much longer to complete on a muni. I would have been totally exhausted too. But I think one day I’ll attempt it on the muni.
I’ve done many sections of it unicycling before (pics 2 and 3 for example). But this time I wanted to go all the way to the Kandel and back. And I bought this bike really cheap second hand, so I had to do it…
It’s over 30km of fantastic single track with about 1000 vertical meters difference between my home town Freiburg and the peak of the Kandel. On the way down I mostly went on paved roads coasting along at 50km/h :D.
It’s pretty different but certainly not better than unicycling.

Let there be light!

Autumn is coming, so I got some lights for my 29er. I plan to ride it with a strong helmet light in addition to these small LEDs.

At the beach this morning gettin’ in a fun 20 miler before my first piano tuning! Beautiful weather today! :slight_smile:

Discover Mills

Parked my motorcycle at Discover Mills mall (Atlanta) today, and took the 36er for a 30 mile ride. The weather was perfect, and my new Five Ten Impact Lows were amazing. The custom rotor from Mountainuni.com is still smooth as ever with the Avid Juicy5 caliper.

I was making the loop for a second time, when these two cuties driving a Red Bull truck started hollering at me, so I stopped for a free drink and they took some pics.

After that, I was still riding the 36er, and passed Gwinnett Arena and saw that Ringling Bros was in town so rode in to see about going to the show. When I got to the ticket counter some people came up and started asking all about the uni and gave me a free ticket. Very cool. I checked my uni in with guest services, so parking was free too! Lucky I had lights with me, because after the show it was a dark ride back to the motorcycle. Good times…

Today at Aliso woods and back yard after ride.

Hmm, is that a cable on the left? :stuck_out_tongue:

[LEFT]
Point of no return!

[/LEFT]

Here I am riding a Tom Miller 7 Footer at a tennis court. Earlier in the day I rode a 5 footer in a parade in Tipton, Indiana along with Tom (on his 10 footer) and Jesse Millikan (juggling clubs on a standard unicycle).

Where’d you get the lights and what did they cost if you don’t mind me asking? My wife is going nuts about me riding in the dark without reflective surfaces.

I was thinking that something like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-LED-Silicone-bicycle-bike-head-Rear-Light-flashlight-/140451597894?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item20b3914e46 might be suitable for a uni.

I just use a headlamp on my helmet for the front light, and at the moment just reflectors on the back. If I start riding at night more I’ll probably get another headlamp for the back of my helmet! The one I have does both red and white light so I can just set the back one for red.

That’s an energizer 6 LED headlight, same as mine.

I’m using such small led lamps that can be attached to any pipe.
http://www.bike-arena.pl/galerie/a/aim-mini-3-zestaw-lampek_1929.jpg
I put them on my seatpost. Additionally when I’m going out of citylights I’m using the headlamp.

lots of fun today, 29’er MUni at Chinamans Point trails. Some trails still flooded from recent rains, leading to the inevitable face plant in the muddy cold water :stuck_out_tongue:

Ridge riding at 11,500’ -3,505 meters