Pictures of your latest ride

Liam at Swinley Forest today on a training ride for Mountain Mayhem.

Brilliant ride, fantastic singletrack and great banter from the mountain bikers.

I was riding a little ahead of Joe when he called out to come back. When I got there he said that he almost ran over a huge snake that was crossing the trail, and that it was slithering away into the brush.

I spotted it and noticed that it was a gopher snake, so I reached in and brought it out for a few pics and video, then let him go on his merry way. He was a good 4 feet long.

Did you ever find out what was behind The Curtain Of Mystery?

How can I qualify for that list? Oh, I know. Do more rides and post the pictures… :stuck_out_tongue: But I do promise to never post an album with over 800 pictures in it! Ouch! But I understand that was a conglomeration of several peoples’ cameras.

Murphy’s Law states that one’s camera batteries will usually only die when one is far from home and right before a once-in-a-lifetime event occurs. I’ve learned to always carry a charged spare…

Many users of the trails are far less avid trail-users than the rest of us. In other words, they truly are oblivious to the rules. The hard part is telling the difference between them and the frequent riders that really should know better. For the most part I choose to not try to educate unwilling students; it’s hard enough getting through to the ones that have paid. :slight_smile:

Freaks!
But yes, I’m curious too. Usually the freaks in Venice Beach are more “street” oriented. It’s serious if someone has actually made the committment to pay what must be pretty exorbitant rent!

It was most definitely real. I came within a couple inches of running it over, but I bailed off the unicycle just in time. He really was really real.

Joe, did you see the video from our ride? You didn’t post a reply, so I’m just wondering. :slight_smile:

went to a mountain bike thing with the owners and employes of unicycle.com on saturday. it was a blast! amy (the founder of unicycle.com) took these pics of me with her i-phone! the first one is me finishing an around the world (ithink thats what you call it) the seond is me riding across a 7 inch wide plank that only me and josh (one of my freinds that works at udc) and the third is of me going up a really steep 3 set! i also when MUni’ing on a 36"er it was an awsome day!!! i was better at trials then all of the people who worked at unicycle.com except for josh

Heading down towards some fun single track with the pooch in toe. She was a bit off the pace today and spent a lot of time sloshing around in puddles :slight_smile:

lulu_loop1.jpg

lulu_loop2.jpg

Oh I agree completely. But I have no problem with educating people in some cases. I have metal plates in my face (and no feeling on the right side of my mouth) from a rider who took a corner on the wrong side. So I find myself saying “blind corner, gotta stay right” when I run across a group of three idiots taking up the entire trail around a blind corner. And I do it with a smile. If I can save someone else from a similar or worse accident it’s well worth it for me. And geez, whether you’re a newbie or not, stuff like that is just plain common sense. These days I have a little handlebar bell for blind corners. As for those who don’t give uphillers right-of-way, I try to be kind and if they’re obviously newbies I get out of the way regardless.

Me on a roadtrip round Cornwall after BUC 16.

New playground for the Muni!

I can’t believe after the years I’ve been in the area, I’ve not realised what a fantastic Muni area is a 20 min ride from my house!

I’ve always noticed some kids had made up some mtb jumps etc, but recently, the local council have gone up and helped them reinforce their jumps and berms, so now it’s a proper downhill course. This morning I was the only one there, so I had the place to myself to have some practice.

Love it! This is why I got a Muni!

First video ever!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqvPfXQ5L38

Ride around the Watersports Centre today with Gadge. Cool and windy. I was cool and…

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg

WS3.jpg

WS4.jpg

If I’d been windier I’d have made it up the hill :wink:

Actual pictures of the actual legendary Watersports Centre. It actually exists!

Rob

Of course, where else would people learn watersports? Oh & unicycling;)

The Watersports Centre has appeared in pictorial form here before. For a starters, the UK riders for RTL used it to train at for the more civilised baton passing using a cup of tea and saucer. The approaching rider, as he draws ever closer shouting “One sugar… two sugars… three sugars… MILK!” to time the passing (and brewing) to perfection is still a fresh memory.

STM

I met up today with Eric the Red, a street performer. He had a go at my 29er off road, I had a go on his 5 footer - my first ride on a giraffe!

Hope to try the 8 footer giraffe next week, and Eric’s going to take a 36er for a spin! :slight_smile:

Found this, and I must ask…WTF?! :astonished: (Gotta be PS)

84 Greatest Unicycle Death Ever.jpg

never! :smiley: