Pictures of your latest ride

100 stairs - YIKES! Keep us posted on this new venture of riding up.

During a city ride some years ago, a group of tens of unicyclists found a set of stairs (in the Dutch city of Heerlen) that varied in step height. It went shallower to one side, petering out to really nothing, and “normal” steps on the other side. Perfect for practicing riding up (and down, for that matter). Once you got the feel, you could advance to a steeper area of the stair set. Terry’s set looks not so steep either, maybe about midway of our special set which quite a few of us rode up. The pic is a video still of myself.

Edit: in the video (which I hadn’t seen when posting this) Terry’s stair set is probably steeper than ours, at least in the place where I rode it up in the pic.

The 100 mile Louisville Loop (99% funded, 30% built) is coming along! I found a couple kilometers of freshly laid asphalt at William F. Miles park. The stretch in the picture runs along the river but the really interesting portion was further up where they tackled a massive hill with a winding motion that made the elevation gain down right manageable. Good workout going up and great fun riding down in 1.5 gear.

Found a new stair set to ride up! This one was steeper and higher than the set I did last week, and to make it even more challenging, the run up was short and UPhill! (looks longer than it is. I barely got 4 revs on my 36er before the first stair)

In the first video I rode up 5 out of 6 stairs. This time I managed 8 on my Oregon, and 5 on my 36er! The 36er is much harder due to the non-high volume tire, size, and additional weight. Here are some stills from the upcoming video:

36staairup.jpg

beachstairup2.jpg

split1.jpg

Nice pic, but i’m happy that spring has arrived here finally (althought we had some snow shower yesterday).

Greetings

Byc

Some shots from Raccoon Mountain, site of the Southeast Muni Gathering!!

Don’t miss it!

Southeast Muni Gathering
May 19-20, Raccoon Mountain, Tennessee

How to ride UP stairs on a unicycle! :smiley:

:slight_smile:

This week:

There was a member on here a few years ago posting under the name “HardcoreCokerRider”. One of his party tricks was to ride up stairs at speed on his 36er. I think there were some videos posted - probably worth a search. He was pretty good at skatepark stuff as well, bit like turtle is doing now on his 26er.

Rob

Nice looking trail - bit far for me to come though sadly :frowning:
Perhaps one day I’ll make it over to the US…

Rob

I rode up to the Drive-Thru window at my local CVS to pick up a couple of prescriptions yesterday evening.

cvs.jpg

That’s great! I love that I am able to ride with my two girls. Lately my wife has been talking about learning to ride so she can be in on the fun.

So four days later, he’s riding halfway across a basketball court, getting lateral balance and directional control, and giving freemounting a try. :astonished: :smiley:

Maybe it’s time to order him a muni or trials uni??

My son learned quick at age twelve, never got into trials, buty I made sure he had one just in case. We built him a custom muni, he picked the colors, but I had him rebuild the wheel in order to have the hub colored to match the frame (I helped with the wheel build).

Here’s pictures from my ride today on the Mount Lemmon trail Bug Springs. The beginning of the trail starts with about a 500 ft. elevation change (seem like A LOT more)… going STRAIGHT up!!! Stairs stairs stairs. Than 1,300 ft going down over five miles. But all those stairs are worth the ride.
My dad rode the trail with me on the mtb. His first time on in a few years. Took a little for our confidence to build but towards the end of the ride we were cruising.:smiley: On a bike you can really bomb down the mountain so he would ride for a ways then let me catch up. Really fun father son excursion.
It’s a lot steeper than it looks.

The trail really goes over the log but…

Got to test my new center pull brake system during this ride. It worked very well.

Overall a great day. Had a few biffs and bails. Got my most awesome moment for that other thread. Shin guards saved me from a few bad pedal bites.:smiley:
I’m afraid I did not live up to my signature :frowning: the walking part. Some parts of the trail were just too insane for me to handle. However the second part of the sig was fulfilled to the utmost degree.

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

Looks like a fun trail. AZ is on my shortlist of places to MUni, like South Mountain!

Yeah, you aren’t too far away? Tucson Uni (Andy?) is here. I am here but I’m not very good :wink: Quite a few trails strewn through here. The trail I rode today is part of a chain of trails that runs the entire length of Arizona called the Arizona trail. I think around 800 miles of trails? THat would be an epic MUni journey!

Man I miss Tucson! I studied at UofA in the 90’s and had a 20 mile mountain bike commute every day to Uni of which about 15 miles was on the most awesome singletrack. I wish I was into muni when I lived there.

Bug Springs is great fun. Hope to have another muni campout this summer. Camp at General Hitchcock, right on the trail! We typically do Bug Springs one day and the more technical Green Mountain on the other. Good times for sure! This pic is from the Bug, and so is my avatar.

muni1.jpg

Easter ride :slight_smile:

Hi all,

I spent the Easter break on holiday with the family in northern Denmark. 2 out of the 5 days were wonderful sunny weather, the other 3 wet and cold! The first sunny day I had to lacquer the wooden deck of the summer house with my father in law, but I made sure that the second sunny day I escaped and got a decent ride in!

I went for a nice easy ride on the triton/schlumpf 36er on Easter Sunday morning. I followed a cycle route that runs parallel to the coast and cuts through pine forrests, before heading along little country roads. I made a detour out to the coast (pic 1) for some sandy muni action on the big wheel, and then continued north through some old farming areas (pic 2), and onto the coastal country roads up towards Skagen. On my travels I found a very suitable sign (pic 3), I then looped back and ended up at a nice set of lakes called Tversted-søerne (pic 4). Total distance was 45.3km. It was a great way to enjoy the sunshine!

I found a load of single track through the pine forrest and around the lake, so next time I am up there I think I’ll take the muni along as well.

Enjoy the pics,

Cheers,

Dmac

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg