Pictures of your latest ride

I’m doing well, two more exams then I’m out. I feel ready to cross another continent, but I’m going to spend this season finishing up the job on this one first:
http://childsoldiercycle.ca
(hey, anyone reading this, yeah, you, places are still available!)

Maybe Iceland next year. Been thinking about that one for a while.

Maybe pointing the helmet cam downward would make it look like everything is uphill?

My rushed ride almost to Lemoine Point today, on my brand new shiny kh36:

Didn’t quite make it because I ran out of time.

I like the wind farm. It gives me hope, especially today.

just bite the head off the snake and eat it raw. that’s what we do down under :stuck_out_tongue:

I like sifting through this topic even though I don’t do Muni. I have to admit it was fun to just sift through the woods on my trials uni at times.

Had a look at your site Pete, very nice! I wish more unicyclists had detailed sites with rides and reviews on there. Is your hub still eating your cranks? Did they manage to revise the hub properly in the end? I am a bit curious as to why it’s not possible just to install some narrow spacers before the crankarm, as a crankstop?

I could swear every single type of splined crankset needs spacers as crankstops, whether they be Profile, 8 spline, or ISIS…

Hey Phil. Good to hear you have a new uni. If your are up for it some time, we could do a ride around Lemoines Point, I know Beener is also up for it.

Iain

‘Nessie’ out for the first time in a while …

Took Nessie out for the first time in quite a while. Had a bad fall which buggered up * my ankle for 8 months (* technical latin medical term) and dented my confidence. But the spring sunshine came out and I thought it was about to get back into the saddle so took Nessie into the local woods surrounding the village I live in …

" Nessie what have I told you about climbing fences!"

On the way we passed an ancient offering stone and Nessie offered our mid-ride Lifestyle muesli bar * (Other muesli bars are available) to the Unicycle Gods…

“Nessie with offering to the Unicycle Gods”

They must have been happy as we had a brilliant morning’s ride … Great boost to the confidence and can’t wait to get back out again … cheers Dave

Nessie (2) .jpg

That bit on the corner looks way steeper than 20% (1:5). I climb a 1:5 hill on my way home from work quite regularly on my 36er with 145s - it’s not that hard (and I’m no hero). In fact I did it once on 125s and it didn’t seem any harder, but I hate riding on 125s so I’m usually using the 145s.

On the “steep hill thread” Sam W posted a picture of a hill in Harlech that was actually marked 40% if I remember correctly. He was thinking about going there and giving it a go, but I don’t think he has yet. Must have been somewhere round where you were. There are a few hills around 30% near me, but 40% would make a really cool photo opportunity. I rode up the 30% hill at Millook in Cornwall on my 26" with 150s and it wasn’t that hard (at least not for the half mile or so it goes on - don’t know how long I could have kept it up).

Rob

Breaking in the new KH29 today.

Terry gets snakes.
I get cows.

Haha. Just tell him to Mooooo-ve over! :stuck_out_tongue:

hey thanks Sponge re the UPD blog!

I agree that crankstops of some sort are a great solution to the problem of cranks moving in towards the frame excessively. That said things are going well touchwood. I use a much better quality torque wrench, use a bit less than the recommended torque, and the cranks have been milled quite aggressively for clearance. The cranks have moved very little since last September.

The current geared hub is working great for me (since last September) and from reading in the forums it sounds like the same story for other guys using it too. I just get on and ride it, only really check it every few weeks. LOVE IT!

Beautiful riding pics guys! Missed a lot in my absence.

I did a lot as well. Did my first single track last week! I pwnd my friends. They should learn to ride unicycles. :roll_eyes:

Cows can be dangerous on a myuoooooooooni ( or “mooooooooni” depending on how you say it)
:slight_smile:

My commute again, but I went the longer rockier route down past the reservoir yesterday. Took the 26x3 so I could ride all the rock garden bits, although it feels a bit sluggish on the road part at the end. Lots of frazzled sections of moorland after the dry spell we’ve had.

The views of the reservoir were taken after I crashed on the rocks (bit more than a UPD really - squashed my dinner into an amorphous blob :(, very glad I’d put my elbow pads on), but apart from that it was a very pleasant 80 minute ride to work.

Rob

P4231960.jpg

That’s happened a couple of times to me too.
I later pretend I’m an astronaut and I’m eating space food.

What, just me?

Did you ever read “Ant and Bee Go Shopping”? That’s what I always think of when that happens…

Rob

I hadn’t, but I have now.

edit
I do not believe for one instance that the skate went safely over the bump.

Nessie’s Day Out

After a long lay off, buggered up* my ankle after a bad fall that dented my confidence and put me out of action for 8 months (* technical medical latin term) I took Nessie out in the woods around my home.

We passed an ancient offering stone and Nessie decided to offer my Lifestyle Muesli Bar* to the Unicyle Gods (* other muesli bars are available)…

They must have been happy with our offering …we had a brilliant ride … a great boost to the confidence … can’t wait to get back out gain … cheers Davey

Nessie (2) .jpg

Surf the Turf, Ride the Road

Photos of my first 50 mile ride of the season
Pic 1: Map of the ride where I rode from home to Newtown and back.
Pics 2 & 3:En-route to Newtown. I have a MUni at home but to ride the open road on a 36 is why I really unicycle.

A cow on a MUni, haha! You’d want to steer clear of that! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or a “Uni-Corn”! :smiley:

unicorn-unicycle.jpg

I’m curious how long it took you and what size cranks you have.

Nessie out for the first time in a while …

Took Nessie out in the woods around the village I live in. First time in a while after I fell and buggered up * my ankle for an 8 month spell, and dented my confidence as well. Anyway, got out and took some photos …

On the way we passed an ancient offering stone and Nessie offered our Lifestyle Muesli bar to the Unicycle Gods…

They were obviously pleased as we had a great day up and down the hills and I can’t wait to get out in the saddle again soon.

Nessie (2) .jpg