Pictures of your latest ride

Nope. I just added max saturation and a couple other effects. I am partially color blind so I like the extra saturation.

Here’s an example of a before & after; one from a few days before without enhancements, and the second one is the same pic with enhancements. I think the first one looks almost colorless. Of course a lot depends on the lighting, and the natural colors of the surroundings. So when the shot is a bit too washed out for my liking, I add saturation, change brightness, contrast, etc.

Thanks for the help posting vids. I thought I tried that…but guess not just right.

anyway.

these are from Central Park in Schenectady. This urban park has a surprisingly fun mtb loop. MTB’ers are constantly working on it, so that every time I ride its longer and has new features. I think the loop is up to about 5mi now and includes this fun jump and tree-feature that Steveyo and I rode the other day.
Ro

ps, there’s a 12hr race here Nov 21st if anyone wants to join us

Like your pooch Marty…looks like a Border Terrier.

Frost on the ground, wont be long before we’re getting it in the UK.

Nice pictures, @ MuniAddict, cool pictures I like how you changed the photos.

Sullivan Reopened as of 11/6/09!

I was there first thing this morning, for the first day of the official re-opening at Sullivan Canyon. It had been closed for the last 3 months while the Gas co. bulldozed the entire 4.5 miles of trail, in order to repair and recover partially exposed gas lines.

While there are still some alternate lines left intact, and all that great shade and beautiful trees, pretty much all the challenging terrain has been smoothed out. Can’t wait for the rains to transform it again! :slight_smile:

The famous “concrete drop” at about the mid point of the trail is gone. But there is still some decent “air” to be had, just off on the sides. And it’s still 9 round trip miles and a good endurance ride…at least on one wheel! See pics below: The last two are before & Now!

This used to be 2x as steep:

They laid this stuff down in several spots

Before the closure:

And now:

Wow, what a BLAST! Me, Jamey (Mossengren) and new Muni rider Sherman met at 8am this morning to ride Cholla and Lynx at Aliso Woods in OC. The ride to the top of Cholla is crazy steep and long, but Jamey made it all the way up with no dismounts…TWICE! Jamey is NOT human, lol! :smiley:

After our technical descent down Lynx, Jamey had to leave for his Unipro show, so Sherman and I continued up the water tower and down 5 oaks…one of the most hardcore, technical DH rides there is! Then we did a bit of Mathis, all of “dripping cave” and then Coyote canyon back to the cars.

What’s amazing is that Sherman has only been riding for three months, and this was only his first time riding real MUni! And he did impressively well! So 3 1/2 hours of awesome MUni and the weather was perfect! Too bad some of the locals-Jim, Tyler, Joe and Tim couldn’t make it.

But we made the most of it and loved every second! :):smiley: :sunglasses:

(After Lynx and just before riding 5 oaks)

And a quick-clip of me & Sherman doing a small stair jump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X98io2wZSGo

my comfort ride

Beautiful fall day in Kalamzoo. Rode 14 miles on Kal-Haven trail. Next year gonna do the 34 miles to Lake Michigan.

my ride halloween style

That last ride I should have sais DIScofort ride. HA HA
Here is what I really rode on Halloween with the seat on :slight_smile:

Mark

Just my weekend ride through my local woodland a couple minutes from my house, nice and easy.

That is so spooky - the first couple of pictures looked so similar to a section of a ride I did earlier this year in Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, UK, I had to go back and look again, and check where you’re posting from :astonished:

Slightly less spooky, since you’re at least in the same country, but one or two of them looked like I could have taken them on one of my regular rides.

Can I suggest you post pictures a size or two smaller so they fit the screen and also don’t slow down the loading of the thread. Thanks.:slight_smile:

Yeh ok sure, I kinda resized them so they fit in my screen, but then again I’m running 1650x1080 - I’ll make them smaller next time :slight_smile:

Riding at a local park

Here are some pictures from a ride today at a local suburban park. This is what the foliage looks like in Southern California in the Fall:dead. On the other hand, there are some nice backdrops, and the trails are steep enough to knock me out.

Tropical Storm Ride

It’s 10pm, I’ve been out in the garage messing around with my wheels trying to scratch an itch I’ve had to do something unicycle related today. It’s been pouring rain for hours and I’m totally bummed out. The thought of heading out for a night ride enters my mind… “If I go now I’m gonna get totally soaked and won’t get to sleep until midnight.”

F*CKIT! Grab my helmet, light, throw on my rain jacket and bust a move. The trail is covered in maple leaves, my headlamp lights em up like a yellow and brown stained glass window. I can’t see the trail at all. Keep riding. I come to the point where I usually turn around and head back home, not tonight. I keep going. Onto the road, up the big hill and onto the next section of trail. Winding down into a forest I’ve never ridden on a unicycle before, much less at night. The ground is a carpet of soaked pine needles, so smooth. It is still pouring rain, but the rain is no longer annoying, it has become refreshing. I keep riding, time to head back. The uphill is just what the doctor ordered tonight, I can finally sweat out the remainder of my cold. The dark leaf covered trail which I could barely find on my way out has become almost light as day, my mind no longer needs light. I find myself riding faster than I have ridden before. My tire rips through the leaves and mud. I’m home.

Well, you get the picture…

A great night ride tonight. Don’t let the weather get you down.

ankle is slowly healing, enough to finally back into riding. the pooch came along for some water therapy :slight_smile:

Now that’s pretty cool. From now on I will call it Sherwood Forrest. I’ll be Robin Hood. I like riding on frosttrails. I don’t like paved roads that has frost on them. :angry:

/Marty

That’s correct. Eddie is a Border Terrier and loves to come along on whatever adventure I’ll bring.