Pictures of your latest ride continued

not necessarily: one month ago I fell flat on a road and the top of the hard shell knee-pad made my flesh above my knee explode! a deep gap opened → directly to the ICU where they glued a sore tendon and tried to mend everything … curiously it did’nt hurt though the sight was impressive :frowning_face:

1 Like

Damn! That’s worse than I’ve experienced. What I have noticed is that hard shell protection is more likely to slide along the ground, while soft protection is more likely to stick to the ground and get dragged out of position. Just my own limited experience with a total of 3 knee guards, but I do a fair number of superman landings.

1 Like

+1 to soft shell getting dragged. I bought a set of cheap foam volleyball pads off Amazon and they tend to slid off my kneecap but have absorbed most of the impact and prevented several scraped knees for me.

1 Like

De Muur in Geraardsbergen
Unicycle promotion during car free weekend.

9 Likes

After almost 3 weeks off my 36er thanks to mashing my knees up I finally got back on it again this morning and went for a 10 mile ride. It was good to be back on it again and my confidence quickly returned, so hopefully it will be onwards and upwards from here.
I also used my KH Percussion Leg Armour for the first time and it was far more comfortable than I thought it would be.

My route around Greyton

My numbers…

3 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unicycling and heart rate

Sweet extended stretch of my G26er Project.

The Mission: HIGH GEAR :gear: NO FEAR

Back to the Bath to Bristol cycle path.

So far succeeding (mostly) in both but at times today when overtaken by racing bikes or having to pass bikes riding two-abreast. My nerves did get the better of me here and there. But the main thing is I’m going further than initial felt possible on this path.

It’s an easy path to ride but on the Schlumpf it just has more in it that I feel I have to hyper focus on. Camber. Roots. Odd sudden humps and ripples in the surface.

Happily I know it like the back of my hand in 1:1 on this wheel and all my others.

3 Likes

Finally managed to take a selfie (kind of) whilst riding

5 Likes

Not so easy, is it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a bit trickier than it should be :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

My first texting here so far, but I’m reading every day! One week ago, we made a beutiful journey on both sides if the danube here in Bavara, Germany.
The pic shows our local ‘holy’ hill, the Bogenberg.
It was 32 km and the furthest trip so far with the 36er for me and Anne.
To be continued!
Greets

16 Likes

Last Saturday’s GCCM organised by Klaas Bil:
19 Muni cyclists attended.:grinning:

at

14 Likes

I remember Klaas Bill saying that for proper Muni in the Netherlands you had to ride down bell towers :smile: (or windmills’ roofs?)

2 Likes

How do you find what pedal height is the right one?

Yeah I meant that. Thanks for the information :slight_smile:

This annual ride is advertised as Cross-Country, not Muni. The terrain is mostly not very technical, the focus is on riding a distance (a bit over 30 km) through beautiful scenery with a group of like-minded people. We do encounter some steeper bits, see pic.

Canapin, the right crank length is a matter of preference, and depends on the terrain and your wheel size. More riding experience > shorter cranks. Larger wheel > longer cranks. Easier terrain > shorter cranks. For moderate muni, 135 mm on a 27.5 or 29 inch wheel would be about typical.

5 Likes

The Muni ride didn’t go so well. I’m having surgery in the morning to fix my wrist.

Were you wearing wrist guards?

1 Like

Oh no! That’s terrible!

I pray that your surgery goes very well, and your wrist heals quickly and strong.

2 Likes

Ohh… ouch!!! Hope it fully heals. I hope it wasn’t your dominant hand too, otherwise you’re going to have to learn to do everything wrong handed… :frowning:

For me, the safety equipment is

1. Ankle shoes
  2. Wrist guards
  3. Knee coverings and helmet (helmet is compulsory in Australia if you ride a bike)
  4. And I mostly don’t ride in the dark, but lights too if I do.

Anyway, going to suggest stay off the uni for now. It looks really nasty :frowning:

1 Like