Picture of My New Car

Bought it about a week ago, a 1999 VW Jetta, Automatic, with all the works

Yevgeniy

__________________________________________________________________ Eugene Leshchinskiy ICQ#: 6909913 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me __________________________________________________________________

image.jpg

Re: Picture of My New Car

It’s a very nice car :wink: Have fun with it, and don’t deal with VW
dealerships.

-Mike K.

> Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy wrote:
>
> Bought it about a week ago, a 1999 VW Jetta, Automatic, with all the
> works
>
> Yevgeniy
>
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________________________
> Eugene Leshchinskiy ICQ#: 6909913 Current ICQ status: + More ways to
> contact me
> __________________________________________________________________

Re: Picture of My New Car

Nice looking car but your going to be washing it constantly with that color :). How do you like it so far? Lee and I thought about a used Jetta but for what one would cost we got a new Hyundai Sonata with all the works, full leather, sun roof, AC/climate control, driver and passenger front and side airbags, 100,000 mile 10 year warranty and a bit cheaper insurance. So far I have been very happy with the Hyundai.

Gary Stein
“Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy” <webmaster@animationlibrary.com> wrote in message news:arm8g1$g34$1@www.darklock.com
Bought it about a week ago, a 1999 VW Jetta, Automatic, with all the works

Yevgeniy

__________________________________________________________________ Eugene Leshchinskiy ICQ#: 6909913 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me __________________________________________________________________

image.jpg

Re: Picture of My New Car

Loving it, very comfortable, very smooth ride, great performance. The only problem: every damn bird that flies by just has to drop something on it :-).

I was considering Hyundai and Kia, but decided to go for the Jetta due to the VW reputation and reliability.

Yevgeniy
“Gary Stein” <gestein@cnw.com> wrote in message news:arma5g$hnp$1@www.darklock.com
Nice looking car but your going to be washing it constantly with that color :). How do you like it so far? Lee and I thought about a used Jetta but for what one would cost we got a new Hyundai Sonata with all the works, full leather, sun roof, AC/climate control, driver and passenger front and side airbags, 100,000 mile 10 year warranty and a bit cheaper insurance. So far I have been very happy with the Hyundai.

Gary Stein
“Yevgeniy Leshchinskiy” <webmaster@animationlibrary.com> wrote in message news:arm8g1$g34$1@www.darklock.com
Bought it about a week ago, a 1999 VW Jetta, Automatic, with all the works

Yevgeniy

__________________________________________________________________ Eugene Leshchinskiy ICQ#: 6909913 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me __________________________________________________________________

Re: Picture of My New Car

Gary Stein wrote:
>
> Jetta but for what one would cost we got a new Hyundai Sonata with all
> the works, full leather, sun roof, AC/climate control, driver and
> passenger front and side airbags, 100,000 mile 10 year warranty and a
> bit cheaper insurance. So far I have been very happy with the Hyundai.

Dont get into a wreck in that car. That’s the same car my mom was in
when they were struck by a Yukon @ 27 MPH and the car’s FRAME folded
inward 18 inches. it looks like a crumpled piece of paper now.

Re: Picture of My New Car

I thought you said he was going like 60 MPH?

Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:
>
> Dont get into a wreck in that car. That’s the same car my mom was in
> when they were struck by a Yukon @ 27 MPH and the car’s FRAME folded
> inward 18 inches. it looks like a crumpled piece of paper now.


Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

Re: Picture of My New Car

I’m pretty sure just about ANY car struck by a big ass Yukon at a
significant speed is going to crumple on impact.


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://RateMyTee.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://Globie.com/
http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://5R5.NET
http://GotPaintball.com/ http://CircleRPrinting.com

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:3DDFCD1A.8070908@darklock.com
> Gary Stein wrote:
> >
> > Jetta but for what one would cost we got a new Hyundai Sonata with all
> > the works, full leather, sun roof, AC/climate control, driver and
> > passenger front and side airbags, 100,000 mile 10 year warranty and a
> > bit cheaper insurance. So far I have been very happy with the Hyundai.
>
> Dont get into a wreck in that car. That’s the same car my mom was in
> when they were struck by a Yukon @ 27 MPH and the car’s FRAME folded
> inward 18 inches. it looks like a crumpled piece of paper now.
>

Re: Picture of My New Car

Jay Tierney wrote:
>
> I thought you said he was going like 60 MPH?

Yeah, I seem to remember you saying he was doing 60 in a 25 zone.

-Mike K.

Re: Picture of My New Car

She was but they got the last 5 seconds reading from the car brain
before impact and it said 37, 37, 37, 37, 27 so apparently she had
started to slow down and reached 27 before actual impact.

Mike King wrote:
>
> Jay Tierney wrote:
>
>>I thought you said he was going like 60 MPH?
>
>
> Yeah, I seem to remember you saying he was doing 60 in a 25 zone.
>
> -Mike K.

Re: Picture of My New Car

How fast was the other guy going?


Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator

http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://RateMyTee.com/
http://ihateclowns.com/ http://Globie.com/
http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://5R5.NET
http://GotPaintball.com/ http://CircleRPrinting.com

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:3DDFF9AF.5010307@darklock.com
> She was but they got the last 5 seconds reading from the car brain
> before impact and it said 37, 37, 37, 37, 27 so apparently she had
> started to slow down and reached 27 before actual impact.
>
> Mike King wrote:
> >
> > Jay Tierney wrote:
> >[color=darkred]
> >>I thought you said he was going like 60 MPH?
> >
> >
> > Yeah, I seem to remember you saying he was doing 60 in a 25 zone.
> >
> > -Mike K.
>
>[/color]

Re: Picture of My New Car

Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:
>
> She was but they got the last 5 seconds reading from the car brain
> before impact and it said 37, 37, 37, 37, 27 so apparently she had
> started to slow down and reached 27 before actual impact.

Well, momentum still accounts for a lot, regardless of actual speed.

-Mike K.

Re: Picture of My New Car

yeah, absolutely. and cars are supposed to crumple in an impact. They
could just make the whole frame out of normal structural steel like they
make buildings out of, it wouldn’t crumple at all, even at 100MPH, but then
all the passengers inside would crumple instead. The idea is that it takes
significant energy to crumple a car, the more energy expended crumpling the
car, the less of it is transfered to the passangers as a violent impact.

Dan

“Rodney Blackwell” <rodney@webdiscuss.com> wrote in message
news:arokkt$5ag$1@www.darklock.com
> I’m pretty sure just about ANY car struck by a big ass Yukon at a
> significant speed is going to crumple on impact.
>
>
> –
> Rodney Blackwell - site owner/administrator
> ------------------------------------------------------------
> http://T-ShirtCountdown.com http://RateMyTee.com/
> http://ihateclowns.com/ http://Globie.com/
> http://DomainJunkies.com/ http://5R5.NET
> http://GotPaintball.com/ http://CircleRPrinting.com
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> “Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
> news:3DDFCD1A.8070908@darklock.com
> > Gary Stein wrote:[color=darkred]
> > >
> > > Jetta but for what one would cost we got a new Hyundai Sonata with all
> > > the works, full leather, sun roof, AC/climate control, driver and
> > > passenger front and side airbags, 100,000 mile 10 year warranty and a
> > > bit cheaper insurance. So far I have been very happy with the Hyundai.
> >
> > Dont get into a wreck in that car. That’s the same car my mom was in
> > when they were struck by a Yukon @ 27 MPH and the car’s FRAME folded
> > inward 18 inches. it looks like a crumpled piece of paper now.
> >
>
>[/color]

Re: Picture of My New Car

Dan Lauber wrote:
> yeah, absolutely. and cars are supposed to crumple in an impact. They
> could just make the whole frame out of normal structural steel like they
> make buildings out of, it wouldn’t crumple at all, even at 100MPH, but then
> all the passengers inside would crumple instead. The idea is that it takes
> significant energy to crumple a car, the more energy expended crumpling the
> car, the less of it is transfered to the passangers as a violent impact.

Well a car is supposed to have crumple zones. These zones are parts of
the car that are designed to crumple to help dissipate some of the
impact. However, this particular car’s frame was supposed to not be part
of the crumple zone however it totally crimped inward a full 18 inches.

Re: Picture of My New Car

Rodney Blackwell wrote:
> How fast was the other guy going?

I think you misunderstand. The car that struck my sister’s car was the
one I was referring to. It was ‘the other guy’. Since the “brain” of the
car only records the last 5 seconds worth of data we could not determine
if she really did start out at 60 like we suspect all we know is that in
the last 5 seconds before impact she was going 37 and then 27 before
striking the car.

Re: Picture of My New Car

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:3DDFCD1A.8070908@darklock.com
> Gary Stein wrote:
> >
> > Jetta but for what one would cost we got a new Hyundai Sonata with all
> > the works, full leather, sun roof, AC/climate control, driver and
> > passenger front and side airbags, 100,000 mile 10 year warranty and a
> > bit cheaper insurance. So far I have been very happy with the Hyundai.
>
> Dont get into a wreck in that car. That’s the same car my mom was in
> when they were struck by a Yukon @ 27 MPH and the car’s FRAME folded
> inward 18 inches. it looks like a crumpled piece of paper now.

And somewhere, the Yukon had a problem at a collision with a Abraham M1
After the collision with the M1, the Yukon was only 18 inches high :wink:


Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://web-design-suite.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Picture of My New Car

What’s an Abraham M1?

Roland Mösl wrote:
>
> And somewhere, the Yukon had a problem at a collision with a Abraham M1
> After the collision with the M1, the Yukon was only 18 inches high :wink:

Re: Picture of My New Car

“Shena Delian O’Brien” <shena@darklock.com> wrote in message
news:3DE3DD5D.6040401@darklock.com
> What’s an Abraham M1?

A U.S. main battle tank.

Leonid

Re: Picture of My New Car

This: http://tinyurl.com/31ap

Yeah, it would do some damage to a Yukon.

Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:

> What’s an Abraham M1?
>
> Roland Mösl wrote:
>
> >
> > And somewhere, the Yukon had a problem at a collision with a Abraham M1
> > After the collision with the M1, the Yukon was only 18 inches high :wink:
>
>

Re: Picture of My New Car

Have you ever played Grand Theft Auto ? The new Vice City has a kickass
tank called the Rhino and it blows up every car that runs into it, lol!

ted wrote:
> This: http://tinyurl.com/31ap
>
> Yeah, it would do some damage to a Yukon.
>
> Shena Delian O’Brien wrote:
>
>> What’s an Abraham M1?
>>
>> Roland Mösl wrote:
>>[color=darkred]
>> >
>> > And somewhere, the Yukon had a problem at a collision with a Abraham M1
>> > After the collision with the M1, the Yukon was only 18 inches high :wink:
>>
>>
>[/color]