Pics of our unicycle club's trailer

Hey all,

Tommy from Memphis Unicycle Club was asking how we organized our club trailer so I took some pictures and posted them in our Yahoo photo album. If you’re interested, here’s the link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/yoopers98

Click on the Unicycle Trailer album.

Bruce

Pics of our unicycle club’s trailer

Snazzy trailer, Bruce!
BTW, how’s that Miyata handle reinforcement holding up?

Re: Pics of our unicycle club’s trailer

So far, the frankenyata fix is GREAT! Ben did some dropping off the float in the parade and had no problems. He’s done some minor jumping and hopping and same thing. I do wonder what a good trials session would do to it. I’ll keep you posted.

Bruce

Awe

The inside of that trailer is just so… big. Half an hour ago I went out to my car, opened the trunk and imagined a radiating glow coming off the unicycle in the back. I used to do that all the time. But now that I’ve seen the trailer photos… I mean, it’s really quite pointless. I just can’t compete with that. I think I have unicycle storage envy. What’s this I’m feeling? Could it be… inadequacy? sniff Someone hold me.

The trailer IS nice. I used to transport the equipment to our meetings in the back of my pickup. Inevitably, we’d get caught in the rain, everything would be a mess and it would irritate me to no end.

You should have seen Alan Tepper’s Panther Pride trailer at UNICON. It was a 5x8 as well and it seemed to be stuffed to the gills. I don’t know how in the world he ever found anything in there.

Just took delivery of my new CD (Coker Deluxe) so now the trailer’s not going to be so big.

Bruce

that trailer is spectacular. Really a work of at. Hey like frank lloyd wright said, form follows fuinction.

really nice.

Pics of our unicycle club’s trailer

The Frankenyata Fix !

I love that name, Bruce! Wih your permission, that’s what I’m going to call my saddle as soon as I do your bolt-action reinforcement!

No ownership here, be my guest. Actually, someone else made the first reference to Frankenstein. Without going back to look, it may have been Nick Brazzi or Michael Grant.

Bruce

Yeah, I’ll claim ownership of the comment. You can send me the royalty
checks for the use of the name. :wink:

-mg

“yoopers” <yoopers.axl7y@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:yoopers.axl7y@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> sendhair wrote:
> > *
> >
> > the
> > FRA-NKenYA-TA
> > FIX* !
> >
> > I love that name, Bruce! Wih your permission, that’s what I’m going
> > to call my saddle as soon as I do your bolt-action reinforcement!
> >

>
>
> No ownership here, be my guest. Actually, someone else made the first
> reference to Frankenstein. Without going back to look, it may have
> been Nick Brazzi or Michael Grant.
>
> Bruce
>
>
> –
> yoopers - Bruce & Mary Edwards
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> yoopers’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/31
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/20417
>

I, too, have uni transport and storage envy for Bruce’s rig. Since we have practices twice a week and then special rides/performances/get-togethers it seems that I’m spending half my days toting stuff in and out of tehback of my over crowded Toyota pickup. If we had a cool rig like Bruce we could just hook-n-go. I’m glad there is somebody out there to set the standard. You go Bruce!
Tommy

There are a lot of great trailers out there on Ebay…I know, I looked feverishly when shopping for ours last year. Problem is the same as unicycles, used trailers seem to cost almost as much if not just as much as new ones.

I also tend to do quite a bit of research before commiting to a purchase. There are a lot of trailer manufacturers out there and, just like in every field, some put out junk. I’m not connected in any way with the Wells Cargo company but I do like the way they do trailers, even toured the manufacturing facility in Elkhart, IN before purchasing.

But like I mentioned before, number one rule is that as soon as you pull it from the lot, it’s too small. Even though the picture shows a lot of space in the trailer, we do load it down quite a bit to go to club practices.

My bro-in-law is a sign maker and made the logo applique for us. I installed it.

Bruce

Bruce,

If you don’t mind me asking, what should I expect to pay for a trailer like yours - new? How much money would you say that you have into it after the purchase to make it uni-friendly?

Tommy

We rolled ours off the lot for $2000, taxes/title and everything. I admit I built up a sob story a bit about our new non-profit club with no money but expected to do great things for wayward children. Don’t know if it made a difference or if I was convincing, but I think I got a good deal. I had a business trip from here in Chicago land to Kalamazoo and stopped by Elkhart to pick up the trailer. Saved me a $150 dealer delivery fee.

As far as making it uni-friendly, I might have spent $20 on materials; wood, aluminum, hardware, hooks, etc. One major expense though was the logo. My bil (bro-in-law) gave me the logo at cost but it still cost $225. I saved $75 by applying the logo myself.

I think that’s about it. No matter the cost though, let me assure you that it’s well worth every penny! We love it!

Bruce

Sounds great! I’m hoping that by the spring (regionals) that the MUC will have enough to pay for at least half and perhaps myself and other club memebrs can help us come up with the other half. The Memphis Unicycle is grow so fast and with such excitement it is hard to project where we will be in 6 months. 6 months ago the was no MUC in Memphis (not to say that there was no muck in Memphis!).

Tommy

I would like to see the trailer up close but can’t get anywhere near it because of the attack dogs. Even Buster turned tail and ran.

Bruce, why don’t you just do like tough guys everywhere and RIDE your unicycles rather than tote them around in a trailer like a big sissy? I thought you were a weight lifter for cryin’ out loud.

I’ll bet Mary doesn’t let you put hers in the trailer. But, then, she’s tougher than you.

Mary doesn’t LET me put hers in the trailer, she MAKES me. She makes me do everything. I even have to make my own coffee and lift the cup by myself. I just want to sit down and take it easy but Nooooo, we have to get up and clean the house. Geez, just because I have a pair or two of socks thrown on the floor. Okay, maybe its more than two pair. Okay, okay, maybe I don’t have sock one in my drawer. But all the same, a man’s gotta have some say in decorating the house in Early American Laziness.

You know, Greg, you’re right. You inspire me with your challange. It’s time. I’m going to take a stand and stand up to this tough woman. I’ll just show her…just as soon as she give me permission to stand.

In admiration,
Bruce