picking stuff up from the ground while riding along

:slight_smile: i did it! after bout 6 attemps and one fall i managed 2 ride alomng on my uni and bend down and puck up my jumper fromt eh ground then ride off wiht it! anyone else no anymore gud tricks 2 do?

Re: picking stuff up from the ground while riding along

congrats
now hit me with some tips on how to do this
i need to be able to pick up juggling clubs
the sick thing is, i managed to this about a month after i learnt how to ride and didn’t do it again because i figured i was years away from passing on the uni and i’d learn it again once i started passing clubs on the uni
now i have and gues what?!?

do u bend down while riding and pick up the object or do u do a stilstand and bend down?
does it amke a difference which foot is forward at the time or will u eventually be able to pick up with both ‘feet’?

Re: picking stuff up from the ground while riding along

On Mon, 12 May 2003, GILD wrote:

> treepotato wrote:
> > *
> > :slight_smile: i did it! after bout 6 attemps and one fall i managed 2 ride alomng
> > on my uni and bend down and puck up my jumper fromt eh ground then
> > ride off wiht it! anyone else no anymore gud tricks 2 do? *
>
> do u bend down while riding and pick up the object or do u do a
> stilstand and bend down?
> does it amke a difference which foot is forward at the time or will u
> eventually be able to pick up with both ‘feet’?

I used to be able to pick-up, but have grown old, fat and stiff
now! :slight_smile:

My method was to stand up, so the seat was not in the way. Idle
and correct position so the object was just to the right of my
wheel, then fold over smoothly, pick it up, and straighten up
again. I believe the bit where I bent down had the wheel stationary.
You can work out exactly where your hand touches the floor by
practising a few times, then make sure that’s where the object is
before you try it.

I never did one from riding.

Cheers,

Stu

the best way I have found to pick up stuff (while on my 26") was to put the seat out in front, and bend right down at the knees, not hips (while tilting the uni away fromthe object) and reach down quick.

To bend down a little further streching first should help. Before you bend down, sit up straight, arch your back and stretch your arms up… then bend down.

Re: picking stuff up from the ground while riding along

nb wrote:
> To bend down a little further streching first should help. Before you
> bend down, sit up straight, arch your back and stretch your arms up…
> then bend down.

I pick up while idling - as I pedal backwards, I lean forwards picking
up the object and then rise as I pedal forwards again.

Regards,
Mark.

Fujitsu Telecom Europe Ltd,| o
Solihull Parkway, | In the land of the pedestrian, /|
Birmingham Business Park, | the one-wheeled man is king. <<
Birmingham, ENGLAND. | O