peddaling with one foot?

any tips, i practice all day for weeks and still cant get it, its the hardest thing ive ever tried. i start getting mad and throwing my uni and then that gets me nowhere

umm
edsbelly is on unicyclist he pedals with one foot but he only has one crank

I learned by pedalling at an average pace, then I started taking my left foot of a pedal for about a third of a revolution. I kept that up for a day or two. Then i tried on a 24" and it was much easier. Maybe post a video of you trying to ride one footed and we can help a bit more.

just practice more, and try it on a downward slope, but nota big hill. and yeah… CHUCK NORRRISSS!

One-foot riding hasn’t come easily to me either. I managed a couple of times to go a few revolutions on a 16" wheel, but never have quite gotten a good feel for it. Oddly perhaps, I am able to idle one-footed fairly well, though much more easily with my right(strong) foot than with my left one. Idling one-footed seems to be not a whole lot harder than normal idling, and the times that I did get into one-foot riding, I did it out of a one-foot idle. If you can idle now, maybe learning one-foot idling first would help.

I dont mean to be too harsh but… http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=590

Thats something you wont see every day. Ever.

Thats the reason that it’s not a photograph… No-one has ever seen it. Ever.

i learned by taking my foot off for about 1/2 a rotation then build it up

I found it much easier if I kept all of my weight on the seat, and also using a slight downhill.

Good luck

first, try riding with both feet on the pedal but take almost all your weight off of one of the pedals. its like riding one footed, but with both feet on the pedals…then once you can do it with pretty much no weight on that pedal, try taking it off the pedal for like half a revolution, and start builindg up.

As someone who can one foot ride backwards with my right foot and forward with both feet, I found that by learning one foot idling it gave me a good grounds for learning one foot riding. Another tip is to get good speed, the same with everything, speed will help you maintain balance but with this trick it also helps the cranks go round with more ease i.e. less force from you.
Whilst learning try cycling along then taking your foot off at the top of the rotation for just a second.
Need more advice check our unicyclingtips.com, as usual.

Jas

Well… im trying too. I am riding normal and then putting my right foot on the frame and pedaling with the left. Try going a little downhill it might help:D . It started by me when my foot was in a bad position… then i tried to move it , picked it up, pedaled 1/2 a turn and ate it! :sunglasses:

i found that leaning forward a little bit helps. not too much, but make sure you stay over top of it you may have the tendancey to lean back and you must fight it.

you mean http://unicycletips.com (:

I started learning at the last melbourne uni meet nd im gettin pretty good but yeh i tried taking my foot off at the top then when it got to the bottom putting it back on then built on it from there:D

I never managed to learn this for ages. Then I went to a juggling convention in Nottingham, where Miark from unicycle.com and Roger + Roland who are local riders, all showed me how to do it and what I was doing wrong, and I learnt it that day.

Many people can learn just by riding along, and putting their foot on the frame. I couldn’t do that at all for some reason.

This is what I did -

I learnt from one foot idling. One foot idling is relatively easy to learn if you can already idle, exactly the same as idling, except you put your top foot on the frame.

Once you’ve learnt to one foot idle, start doing an idle, and then instead of keeping your body in the middle of the idle (in front of the wheel at the back, behind the wheel at the front), keep it above the wheel , and give the pedal a big push, so that you get a full rotation.

As the pedal is coming up, you have to be careful to lift up your foot at the same time, so as not to slow it down. Let your foot go up and think light thoughts.

The push is pretty important, you need a solid push to get you over the top. If the wheel isn’t going past the top, you’re either leaning backwards to much, or not pushing enough.

Once you get going, you’ll need less of a push, as the light touch on the pedal’s up stroke means it doesn’t get slowed down much.

Joe