pedals

im buying new pedals tommorow,which ones are the best???the odissey twisted,the primos,the shimano ones are are really light,but are they any good…replacible pins seem to be a
must…any opinion here would be of help

DiamondBack Bigfoot pedals

jagur wrote:
>
> im buying new pedals tommorow,which ones are the best???the odissey
> twisted,the primos,the shimano ones are are really light,but are they
> any good…replacible pins seem to be a must…any opinion here would
> be of help
>
> –
> jagur Posted via the Unicyclist Community - http://unicyclist.com/forums

chris are you pulling my leg???i searched for these but didnt find them

No leg pulling here. I’m not entirely sure what the’re called. The ones I
bought said CNC, but the ones in a different store say Bigfoot. Anyway,
they are cool pedals, lightweight, awesome grippy (much better than the
standard removable pin ones) as these have set screws for traction.

Here’s a link: http://www.diamondbackbmx.com/parts/Pedals.asp

I buy them locally, they’re $20 for the ones with cup-and-cone bearings,
but I prefer the $50 set that has sealed cartridge bearings.

Chris

jagur wrote:
>
> chris are you pulling my leg???i searched for these but didnt
> find them
>
> –
> jagur Posted via the Unicyclist Community - http://unicyclist.com/forums

ok i did see those ,the CNC ones so those must be them,i’ll go back and stare @ them somemore

Diamondback does indeed make a Bigfoot pedal. I stopped by my local
Diamondback bike dealer and took a look at their catalog. The catalog does
show a Bigfoot pedal. But it is a lower quality pedal than the CNC
Aluminum pedal shown in the link that Chris posted.

The CNC Aluminum looks like a nice pedal. It’s availalbe with a sealed
bearing. The Bigfoot pedals were only available with the loose
“unsealed” bearings.

john_childs

>From: Chris Reeder <reed8990@uidaho.edu>
>
>
>No leg pulling here. I’m not entirely sure what the’re called. The ones I
>bought said CNC, but the ones in a different store say Bigfoot. Anyway,
>they are cool pedals, lightweight, awesome grippy (much better than the
>standard removable pin ones) as these have set screws for traction.
>
>Here’s a link: http://www.diamondbackbmx.com/parts/Pedals.asp
>
>I buy them locally, they’re $20 for the ones with cup-and-cone bearings,
>but I prefer the $50 set that has sealed cartridge bearings.
>
>Chris
>
>jagur wrote:
> >
> > chris are you pulling my leg???i searched for these but didnt
> > find them
> >
> > –
> > jagur Posted via the Unicyclist Community -
> > http://unicyclist.com/forums


Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Chris, I know you buy them locally but do you know where on the net they
can be purchased? TIA.

Aj

recap

well with all this info,i still havent bought new pedals,i thought it would be easy ,but now i’ve got more options than i can deal with.i have been in and out of the bike shop to many times though,they must love me now…they were showing me some Voxium pedals that were lighter than the Shimano’s but they had a cartridge and a bushing or something weird in them that spooked me…and they still had the allen pins going in though the top…they were also 79.95,20 cheaper than the Shimano in any case…it seems like im gonna spend 30$ for temporary junk or 100$ for any thing good.if there is any more advise out there to had,i’ll take it…_______________P.S, if the damn pins in the Shimano’s went in from the bottom ,i probably would have bought them yesterday

your choice!

Peddles are a personal thing. Ive tried tioga, shimano, wellgo, dmr and plenty of others! Best advice i can give you is to look at the soles of your shoes, do they look like theyre going to mesh well with the peddles???

Coming from bike trials to unicycle trials, my personal preferance is to ride with something with pins in it, they give better grip than cages. Shimano’s ok, but my personal pref is the DMR V8 peddle, two thirds the price of shimano and the DMR V12, cromolly axle, large alloy platform, lots of grip, replaceable pins! just make sure you locktite the pins in as soon as you get them!

Hope ive helped!
James

thanx i’ll try to look those up on the web

those V12 look good,but i dont think any shop here in the USA is gonna have them though?

Why do you want pins that go in from the bottom? Allens in from the
top are awesome, and they don’t punch out the bottom when you slam
them on concrete.

Chris

. jagur wrote:
>
> well with all this info,i still havent bought new pedals,i thought
> it would be easy ,but now i’ve got more options than i can deal with.i
> have been in and out of the bike shop to many times though,they must
> love me now…they were showing me some Voxium pedals that were lighter
> than the Shimano’s but they had a cartridge and a bushing or something
> weird in them that spooked me…and they still had the allen pins going
> in though the top…they were also 79.95,20 cheaper than the
> Shimano in any case…it seems like im gonna spend 30$ for temporary
> junk or 100$ for any thing good.if there is any more advise out there to
> had,i’ll take it…_______________P.S, if the damn pins in the
> Shimano’s went in from the bottom ,i probably would have bought them
> yesterday
>
> –
> jagur Posted via the Unicyclist Community - http://unicyclist.com/forums

I don’t think Diamondback allows any of their stuff to be sold by mail
order. You’ll have to go to a live local dealer to get their pedals.

If you’re in the US you can search for a local dealer at
http://www.diamondback.com/Dealer_Locator/adv_search.asp

The Diamondback CNC Aluminum looks like it might be a good pedal. I may
have to give it a try on one of my unis.

john_childs

>From: jugglerjoe@webtv.net (Aj)
>
>Chris, I know you buy them locally but do you know where on the net they
>can be purchased? TIA.
>
>Aj
>


Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp

Ok, I have 2 questions, both about peddles:

  1. Do unicycles need a certain type of peddle, or will any bmx peddle work? I’ve got some nice ones on my bike that I would like to use for my uni.

  2. How do you remove peddles? Just a brief explanation will do.

Thanks for your help!:smiley:

check the thread size

on all the uni’s ive seen, the peddles have 9/16inch threading on the cranks. sorry, this is mountainbike threading and your bmx peddles wont fit, theyre 1/2 inch threading.

To remove a peddle you need a 15mm spanner. look at the uni from side on. place the spanner on the peddle and loosen. right hand side counter clockwise, left hand side clockwise when your looking at the crank! easy!

James

Another good way to remember how to take off pedals is to turn the wrench to the back of the uni or bike to take them off and to the front to tighten. (that is so when you ride your pedals are trying to tighten all the time…but when riding backwards sometimes they might unthread. very bad)

-Kyle Grasso

-“its all about the ride” :sunglasses:

I think BMX pedals come in both sizes. My pedals are BMX, and they’re
9/16"

I just take mine off with an end wrench.

Chris

jimmytrialsrider wrote:
>
> on all the uni’s ive seen, the peddles have 9/16inch threading on the
> cranks. sorry, this is mountainbike threading and your bmx peddles wont
> fit, theyre 1/2 inch threading.
>
> To remove a peddle you need a 15mm spanner. look at the uni from side
> on. place the spanner on the peddle and loosen. right hand side
> counter clockwise, left hand side clockwise when your looking at the
> crank! easy!
>
> James
>
> –
> jimmytrialsrider Posted via the Unicyclist Community -
> http://unicyclist.com/forums

I think BMX pedals come in both sizes. My pedals are BMX, and they’re
9/16"

I just take mine off with an end wrench.

Chris

jimmytrialsrider wrote:
>
> on all the uni’s ive seen, the peddles have 9/16inch threading on the
> cranks. sorry, this is mountainbike threading and your bmx peddles wont
> fit, theyre 1/2 inch threading.
>
> To remove a peddle you need a 15mm spanner. look at the uni from side
> on. place the spanner on the peddle and loosen. right hand side
> counter clockwise, left hand side clockwise when your looking at the
> crank! easy!
>
> James
>
> –
> jimmytrialsrider Posted via the Unicyclist Community -
> http://unicyclist.com/forums

I would just like to say that “peddles” is spelled “pedals” as the name of
this thread suggests.

)—(x) Dylan Wallinger Keep Riding
http://www.extremeunicycling-bcmat.cityslide.com

I’ve found that a good pair of shoes to wear are Vans, if you can get the tread on the bottom like the old school Vans then you’re in good. I’ve worn these shoes for 8+ years for BMX, and they work great on any platform pedals.