pedals, which to buy?

Im looking into buying new pedals because my old snafus are not very grippy and when they are wet they are quite slippy. the question is, which pedals would be best. I mainly ride street and trials, can someone suggest a good, cheap set of pedals? the two I was looking at are Qu-Ax Magnesium Pedals and Odyssey Jim Cielencki Pedals suggestions would be great, thanks.

I suggest the hoffman solemate pedals.

I’m not sure how available they are in the uk, but they are great,

If you dont mind the weight, jimy C’s are very nice, the best metal pedals I have tried.

I ride with the Jim C’s and they’re great. Don’t shred your shins too much :stuck_out_tongue: Comfy and grippy!

I very highly recommend the Hoffman Sole Mates. They have absolutely perfect grip, have a nice feature where you can’t strip your pins, come with two pin lengths, and require no modification if you want a grind plate.

I very highly recommend the Hoffman Sole Mates. They have absolutely perfect grip, have a nice feature where you can’t strip your pins, come with two pin lengths, and require no modification if you want a grind plate. Also lighter than the Jim C’s.

thanks for the quick response
I have found the hoffman solemate pedals in the UK for not much more than the jim cs and for less than the qu-ax. has anybody used more than one make? if so could you compare them? also how grippy are the jim cs and hoffman and how many of the pins are replacable on both of them? thanks for your help.

if you do pedal graps the pins become non removerble very qickly

The pins on the Hoffman’s are more replaceable than that Jim C’s. The pins on the Hoffman’s screw into a nut that is removable that sits in the pedal. If you strip the pin holes on the Jim C’s, you can’t use that hole anymore. If you strip the pin holes on the Hoffman’s, you just get a new nut, which is like $0.03.

I am thinking about getting some Solemates for my qu-ax. They seem to have a fairly big platform on them, so I would assume that they would make it easier to land things.

looking on a website that was recomended my brother who rides bike trials I have found a few pedals that look good. what do you think?

Atomlab
Wellgo V8
Gusset Slim Jim
Wellgo CNC

get the qu-ax magnesium, the price is awesome :smiley:

http://www.einradladen.net/shop/show_product.php?currency=GBP&cPath=7&products_id=623

they are from germany but shipping with them is real cheap and they are magnesium and Sealed bearsing for ~£27!

The fact they have sealed berrings is good and they do look quite grippy but they do only come in yellow and I have found others cheaper. it is a hard desision :o

the jim Cs have a lightly larger platform than the solemates, but they are both comparable in how they ride.

I have a pair of both, and they are both really nice.

Get the Jibby C’s they are good. I have some;)

might I ask you where you found jibby C’s?

just after jibby Bs I would guess