Pedal Thread

cheaper option: Wellgo MG-1s. Light, good grip, cheap ($50 or so on ebay)

more expensive option: Impact Knockout pedals. Low profile (better on climbs), light, one more pin than the Wellgos, look more badass.

Order direct, it’s their in-house brand, UK so overseas shipping and exchange rates appy:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=60114

$56 delivered.

If you wait a couple weeks until I order some, then I can give you a review :wink:

what pedals go good on the oregon?

Those Deity are the same pedal as the Nuke Proof, all made by a single mfg in Asia, so just get the least expensive version.

My Nuke Proofs Electrons will be here this coming week. Since they’re essentially the same pedal as the Fyxation, but with metal studs, I’m mostly looking at how they grip/tear up my legs and if they flex more due to having extra holes.

The low platform height is very noticeable when riding trails, more stability and because they are so wide and placed away from the crank, I have a better stance and improved traction.

Anyone want to buy some slightly used Twisted PC’s, I get a few pair I’d sell :slight_smile:

I actually would! i am in to buy a few pair!

Hey i just put some primos on my trials. I havnt had them wet yet but they are awesome. I havnt bent them but i weigh 130 and have done maybe 4 foot drops. They have the perfect amount of grip for me. Alot so i dont slip but just enough so i can readjust

Fyxation:

These are the second set of Fyxation, they are holding up very well, no pin breakage or bearing issues. The first set of Fyxation are now on my wife’s bike, I was able to tighten up the loose pedal, no additional pins have broken off, otherwise working well.

Nuke Proof Electron:

These are same pedals as the Fyxation down to the mold lines, only difference is that the Nuke Proofs have most of the nylon pins drilled out and replaced with socket head screws and nylock nuts.

Got a couple rides on the Electrons, ride great, pins are more grippy as expected with metal pins, no shin hacks yet, but I’m sure they’re coming. Metal pins are much better for mud, clean up easier and grip better.

I am seriously thinking about getting some electrons! or something other than those nimbus pedals.

good job ! you convince me to buy yellow Nuke Proof Electron to replace my 24butterflys 2

Mmmm, yellow, I almost got those :smiley:

I’ve got a bunch of rides on the Electrons, no complaints, they’re light, have a nice balance of width and flex, pins are good but not an overkill, selaed bearings are nice and smooth.

I still like the nylon studded Fyxation pedals, but the Electrons are what I put on my daily rider (29er).

The low pedal height really does help to improve balance, makes me feel more centered and my ankles feel less tippy. The 100 x100 platform is very comfy for soft soled shoes.

And, the Nuke Proof pedals have an unprecedented two year warranty!!

Kinda wish I’d gotten yellow…

Hello JC PC users! :stuck_out_tongue: I got a pair of JCPC for Christmas, and I want to have a side to grind on my pedals, would having only half the pins in be okay or do I need to cut them? (or turn half of the around to have all the pins on the same side). I wont be riding them before the summer because I dot want to ride them in snow.

I would put all of the pins on one side (your foot side) and then have no pins on the grinding side.

I ride with pins in one side and no pins on the other. Works perfect, only thing you will have to do is that you will grind through the pedal half after a while so be sure to get some replacement bodies!

I got a pair of JCPC for christmas too :stuck_out_tongue:
I ride them as Jacob mostly. But I did a short trial ride the other day, so I putted all te pins in to my pedalgrap-pedal so I still could do pedalgraps. Haven’t tried to grind them yet though. Also I really likr to do flips with the no-pin-side! :smiley:

anyone use JCPC for MUni yet?

I’ll have a review for you in a week. I just got a pair and am off to Arizona for some MUni fun in the sun.

dont do it, the spindle will rust. there are better pedals for muni i think

my local shop is getting me some speedplay drilliums in for me to look at hope they are as good as they look i want a big platform to stand on

Just a follow up on the Nuke Proof Electrons:

http://www.nukeproof.com/pedals/electron-pedals

I now have two sets, black ones on my 29er and yellow ones on Oregon, both sets are holding up perfectly, no failures, awesome grip, pins show no signs of wearing out, nylon body is durable, bearings are tight and spin soooo smooth.

The only modification I’ve made is to cut down the pin under my big toe, it was grinding into my shoe and I didn’t want my new shoes trashed, so I wacked it off with a dremel. Works great, hardly notice the loss, makes it easier to move my foot, but no additional slippage.

The same pedals are going to be sold by Fyxation as the Mesa II, so once those become available you’ll be able to score some in the USA, though who knows if the price or color choices will be better or worse.

See Fat-Bike for a brief review of the Mesa II: http://fat-bike.com/

I own the electrons. After seeing the Mesas I’ve noticed that they have improved them. More metal pins (I missed the ones that go in the middle on the electrons) and no plastic ones on the inner side. They look nice!!