Pedal Grab records

Hey all,

I thought I would start a thread about pedal grab records. I set my personal best pedal grab record today 84cm (33in).

So whats your best pedal grab height?

-Sabin

My highest pedal grab was 38 inches…However, I am not able to go from pedal to rubber so I just stood there and then jumped off… I dont know if it counts.

38" WOW, Today I will go for 34"

I think I have a disadvantage to pedal grabbing. when I do my high hops, I hop to the left, left crank in back, and I am holding the seat with my right hand. But when I pedal grab, I have to hop to the right, with right hand on seat and left crank in back. It feels really awkward to pedal grab this way. I know there is a way another pedal grab to right with your left crank in back, I just don't know how, does anybody know how and could tell me?

-Sabin

i hop the same way as you, except when your pedal grabbing dont hop to the right and land on your right pedal. Hop to the left and land on your left pedal. then up to rubber.

Thats how i do it and i can pedal climb awesome.

I hop to the left with my left pedal back as well, not very common. I think this may be why I have such trouble getting from crank to rubber. Just work on it the way that feels comfortable, i know its possible.

I know i can pedal grab over 1 metre pretty easy, Ive never measured the max Ive done.

Trev

here is the other pedal grab method I was talking about http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup71
look for the one that says “James onto marble gp”

-Sabin

i hop the same way as you, except when your pedal grabbing dont hop to the right and land on your right pedal. Hop to the left and land on your left pedal. then up to rubber.

Thats how i do it and i can pedal climb awesome.

how should i go about learning to pedal grab? im on a 24" so i think its a little harder/different

Actually pedal grabbing with a 24’’ you should be able to get a little more height…technically. Although going from metal to rubber will be about 2 inches more difficult.

When I pedal grab I for some reason rotate the cranks so the one closest to the object goes up, thus I get more height to it, about 140mm more height. Although it is uncomfortable.