Pashley spotted at local refuse dump.

I was dropping off a car door and I spotted an old Pashley - 20"/24", thin
wheel, lollipop bearing holders, the thickest saddle you ever saw.

The cranks had some superficial rust, the tyre (presta) was flat but
otherwise it looked ok.

I might make some enquiries about it, even if only for the square fork
which might come in handy when I start doing one-legged stuff.

Is it worth saving?

xADF

Andrew Feldhaus wrote:
>
> I was dropping off a car door and I spotted an old Pashley - 20"/24",
> thin wheel, lollipop bearing holders, the thickest saddle you ever saw.
>
> The cranks had some superficial rust, the tyre (presta) was flat but
> otherwise it looked ok.
>
> I might make some enquiries about it, even if only for the square fork
> which might come in handy when I start doing one-legged stuff.
>
> Is it worth saving?
>
> xADF

A Unicycle is ALWAYS worth saving! :’-( Right Foss!!!

If you don’t want it… John will take it off your hands. :wink:

Christopher Grove


“I never MET a man I didn’t like.” -Will Rogers

Read my short story at: http://www.rosedog.com/manuscript.asp?m=9389256&m-
anuscript=6862016&t=The+Determination+of+Jeffery&fn=Christopher&ln=Grove&-
srdt=9%2F27%2F01+5%3A32%3A05+AM&fs=2&ff=Arial%2C+Helvetica%2C+Verdana&ps=-
4000&s=735143750&folder=Search+Results

It doesn’t matter - I returned after a couple of hours at work and a
worker at the dump had thrown it into a skip where it currently resides
underneath several washing machines.

I’ll just keep telling myself it was originally left by a professional as
a FUBAR unicycle and not as a remedy to a learner’s frustration.

That’ll teach me to be hesitant.

xADF

> Andrew Feldhaus wrote:
>>
>> I was dropping off a car door and I spotted an old Pashley - 20"/24",
>> thin wheel, lollipop bearing holders, the thickest saddle you ever saw.
>>
>> The cranks had some superficial rust, the tyre (presta) was flat but
>> otherwise it looked ok.
>>
>> I might make some enquiries about it, even if only for the square fork
>> which might come in handy when I start doing one-legged stuff.
>>
>> Is it worth saving?
>>
>> xADF
>
> A Unicycle is ALWAYS worth saving! :’-( Right Foss!!!
>
> If you don’t want it… John will take it off your hands.
>
> Christopher Grove

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:38:29 +0100, “Andrew Feldhaus”
<Reply@thread.pls> wrote:

>I’ll just keep telling myself it was originally left by a professional as
>a FUBAR unicycle and not as a remedy to a learner’s frustration.

FUBAR?

Klaas Bil

“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been
picked automagically from a database:” “Osama bin Laden, Taliban,
biological warfare”

Come now… you don’t know what FUBAR is? :slight_smile:

Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition!

This reminds me of my mother… she didn’t know what she was saying when
she said SNAFU. Situation Normal All Fucked Up.

Both are army terms… (not official I’m sure)

Christopher

Klaas Bil wrote:
>
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:38:29 +0100, “Andrew Feldhaus”
> <Reply@thread.pls> wrote:
>
> >I’ll just keep telling myself it was originally left by a professional
> >as a FUBAR unicycle and not as a remedy to a learner’s frustration.
>
> FUBAR?
>
> Klaas Bil
> –
> "To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been
> picked automagically from a database:" "Osama bin Laden, Taliban,
> biological warfare"


“I never MET a man I didn’t like.” -Will Rogers

Read my short story at: http://www.rosedog.com/manuscript.asp?m=9389256&m-
anuscript=6862016&t=The+Determination+of+Jeffery&fn=Christopher&ln=Grove&-
srdt=9%2F27%2F01+5%3A32%3A05+AM&fs=2&ff=Arial%2C+Helvetica%2C+Verdana&ps=-
4000&s=735143750&folder=Search+Results

In article <3BD1EDB0.285B4FA@yahoo.com>, “Christopher Grove”
<c_r_grove@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Come now… you don’t know what FUBAR is? :slight_smile:

> Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition!
I thought it was “Beyond All Repair”, which makes a little more sense in
my original post since the unicycle looked OK.

> This reminds me of my mother… she didn’t know what she was saying when
> she said SNAFU.

SNAFU, lol. I think I’m going to have to sign my emails like that.

> Klaas Bil wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:38:29 +0100, “Andrew Feldhaus”
>> <Reply@thread.pls> wrote:
>>
>> >I’ll just keep telling myself it was originally left by a professional
>> >as a FUBAR unicycle and not as a remedy to a learner’s frustration.
>>
>> FUBAR?
>>
>> Klaas Bil
>> –
>> "To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been
>> picked automagically from a database:" "Osama bin Laden, Taliban,
>> biological warfare"

Andrew Feldhaus wrote:

<snip>
>
> > Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition!
> I thought it was “Beyond All Repair”, which makes a little more sense in
> my original post since the unicycle looked OK.

Hmmm… You could be right there. Actually they address this very topic
near the end of Saving Private Ryan. We’ll have to check it out.

> > This reminds me of my mother… she didn’t know what she was saying
> > when she said SNAFU.
>
> SNAFU, lol. I think I’m going to have to sign my emails like that.

HA!.. Cross-threading here… I just came up with another Uni name

Name of a real clutz on a Unicycle… “SNAFUni” :slight_smile: Which describes me
perfectly at the moment but I hope to get beyond that! :wink:

Christopher Grove


“I never MET a man I didn’t like.” -Will Rogers

Read my short story at: http://www.rosedog.com/manuscript.asp?m=9389256&m-
anuscript=6862016&t=The+Determination+of+Jeffery&fn=Christopher&ln=Grove&-
srdt=9%2F27%2F01+5%3A32%3A05+AM&fs=2&ff=Arial%2C+Helvetica%2C+Verdana&ps=-
4000&s=735143750&folder=Search+Results

I just looked up FUBAR and SNAFU on www.acronymfinder.com. “Recognition”
and “Repair” for the R in FUBAR both occur, as well as quite a few others.
Oh and “Fucked” is considered “impolite”, they replace with “Fouled” :slight_smile:

Klaas Bil

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 12:46:31 +0100, “Andrew Feldhaus”
<reply@thread.pls> wrote:

>In article <3BD1EDB0.285B4FA@yahoo.com>, “Christopher Grove”
><c_r_grove@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Come now… you don’t know what FUBAR is? :slight_smile:
>
>> Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition!
>I thought it was “Beyond All Repair”, which makes a little more sense in
>my original post since the unicycle looked OK.
>
>> This reminds me of my mother… she didn’t know what she was saying
>> when she said SNAFU.
>
>SNAFU, lol. I think I’m going to have to sign my emails like that.
>
>
>
>
>> Klaas Bil wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 15:38:29 +0100, “Andrew Feldhaus”
>>> <Reply@thread.pls> wrote:
>>>
>>> >I’ll just keep telling myself it was originally left by a
>>> >professional as a FUBAR unicycle and not as a remedy to a learner’s
>>> >frustration.
>>>
>>> FUBAR?
>>>
>>> Klaas Bil
>>> –
>>> "To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been
>>> picked automagically from a database:" "Osama bin Laden, Taliban,
>>> biological warfare"
>>


“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked
automagically from a database:” “Usama bin Laden, killed, Syria”