Parental problem

My mum says that my 24" muni is too big to be able to do trials on (even with the KH rim which I hope to get)
And she says I need a unicycle with a small wheel!
Any ideas on how I can convince her other wise?
:thinking:

Edit: I have a KH hub

Just get her to buy a KH 2007 trial

thats it

be happy !

Maby you should do some sweet trials on it and then show her that you can

i agree just say that if she thinks that it is to big then that she should buy you a kh trials aswell that wud be sweet i dont know why ur complaining.

I said to her that she should buy me the KH trials. bus she still said that I need one with a small wheel like in the videos and suggested a 16" trainer uni :roll_eyes: god she is silly

I said to her that she should buy me the KH trials. bus she still said that I need one with a small wheel like in the videos and suggested a 16" trainer uni :roll_eyes: god she is silly

but will the uni hold up?

The thing you need to do is figure out why she’s telling you this.

Is she more knowledgeable than you about unicycling and actually has the right idea?
Is she worried you’ll break your unicycle?
Does she really just not want you doing trials and is making up excuses?

If you figure out why she’s telling you this, the solution will be easier to find.

but will the uni hold up?

The thing you need to do is figure out why she’s telling you this.

Is she more knowledgeable than you about unicycling and actually has the right idea?
Is she worried you’ll break your unicycle?
Does she really just not want you doing trials and is making up excuses?

If you figure out why she’s telling you this, the solution will be easier to find.

Omg! I just make a fitheral post! :astonished:

Edit: dw problem has been solved. she still hates unicycling but will alowe me to fix my 24" :slight_smile:

why does she think that the 20 in KH trials is bigger than the ones in the vidoes? and why does she think that a 16 inch wheel will be better for trials? and more importantly ask her what makes her more qualified to say what kind of uni is better for riding trials?

offer her a 24" muni for her birthday and tell her that a gentleman from far far away will come soon to your house to teach her Uniing :smiley:
in the meantime borrow her muni …

Why does you mum hate unicycling? Can she ride? If no, how does she know that trials will be easier on a smaller wheel? Are you the kid that came on the last London ride?

Lol, quite a few questions, sorry :o

Rock on!
Edd

Yep i’m the kid that you PMed :wink:

My MUm has now agreed that she will get me a new rim for my 24" but is still convince that the smaller the wheel is the stronger it is lol :roll_eyes:

Sounds like she knows better than you, then.

Small wheels /are/ inherently stronger than larger wheels. That’s why mountain bikes conventionally have 26" (559) wheels, rather than the larger 700c wheels that are normal on road and touring bikes (the larger wheels that we now see on some mountain bikes are the result of huge advances in the quality of components over the last 20 years).

A larger wheel may well have certain advantages for trials (I wouldn’t know, I have no interest in trials), but strength will certainly not be one of them.

well I see lots of people doing 2m+ drops on 24"s so they must be able to be made strong enough

justin kohse rides a 24".

and does trials i believe.

and is also pretty good from what i’ve seen. why don’t you show her some of his vids?

he does street, and is damn good.