pallets?

how do you guys get pallets to hop up onto?
thanks to anyone who responds

Heh, it’s holidays for the workmen in Holland, so I just walked up the terrain, spaced the pallets around a bit evenly (they won’t be happy about it, but it’s only 5 min work to get it back) and there I am, enjoying every bit of it. I’ll get a vid of it later, and some pics, it’s lovely.

Little girl: “Are you allowed to be on that side of the fence?”
Me: “…”

Go to busnesses and ask them politely If the have any old palettes

Sorry, by the time one reaches my age, the attention is directed more to the palate.:wink:

Check behind big stores, like malls and such, and also hardware sores and stuff. If they have tons and tons out back, ask somone if they would spare a couple (twos better than none, you can get more anoher place) some stores will say no, some will push more at you. One place I went practiclly shoved them on us, they had MILLIONS stacked out back.

THen you simply load them in a pickup truck and drive off were you want 'em.

anywhere that sells heavy things that would fit on one should have a bunch. sometimes they’re free sometimes they say no. other times you have to go back at 4 am and load the truck really quickly. business supply stores like staples or office depot have tons because copiers and such come on them. also, the blue pallets are stronger, nicer, and a little taller.

Yeah, thats right. Just go to your local building centre or something and ask them. Thats how I gained a couple.

ASk first. Some pallets are worth money to companies as they have returnable deposits on them. Typicially in the UK you will be given unpainted pallets but BLUE ones are unlikely to be given away. Its not universal however to a small company it may not be worth their while to return Blue pallets so you MIGHT get given them , they are normally stronger and better built that the cheap unpainted wooden ones.

Stealing pallets is never a good idea, you don’t know what the companies plans are for those pallets, they maybe being stockpiled to be reused. I’d be furious if someone nicked the stack in the barn I work out off , we need them all this week and can’t afford to go and buy them new so we hang onto any that get delivered with stuff on during the year.

Sarah

Paint stores always have them out back. Paint is always deliverd on palates, usually ones the retailer just chucks away. If you’re dropping ONTO a palate, you’ll likely bust through eventually unless you screw a thin piece of plywood over the slats.

JL

have you ever heard of “craigslist.org” before? it’s a great classifieds site. just click on the city nearest you, then For Sale, then Free, seach for “pallets” and I guarantee you’ll find some for free. people on there also sell unicycles :smiley: Check it out!

have you ever heard of “craigslist.org” before? it’s a great classified site. just click on the city nearest you, then For Sale, then Free, seach for “pallets” and I guarantee you’ll find some for free. people on there also sell unicycles :smiley: Check it out!

I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT IF YOU PUSH THE BACK BUTTON IT MAKES YOU DO A DOUBLE POST!!! :angry: :angry: :stuck_out_tongue: