oww my "boys" (handlebars?)

All I know is that I ordered my KH bar only two weeks ago from UDC and it still needed fixing. So maybe mine was just part of the old faulty batch. Who knows. I just meant to warn UNO that it might happen but that it’s completely fixable so no freaking out will occur. ;D

That’s the one. A bit pricey, but the various parts give you lots of flexibility. you can also set the seat/handle angle, though you have to take the seat off to do this.

I don’t recommend using a handle until your riding gets more solid and comfortable. Your initial handle should be the one built onto your seat. Those were once a luxury as well; before the 90s, no unicycle had one! Holding the seat handle will get you started in using it for extra leverage/power, and getting used to the idea of isolating your upper body from the pedaling.

At first, holding the handle may seem strange, or even impossible. Don’t worry. As you get more comfortable in your riding, you will need your upper body less and less. At the same time, you will be freed up to to add more power into the pedals. This is where a basic seat handle comes in; it lets you pedal hard without lifting yourself up off the seat.

A touring handle mostly does the opposite; providing a place to rest some of your body weight while cruising. If you tried one right now, you probably wouldn’t be able to do much with it other than slam it into the ground a lot (not recommended). In time you will also be able to pull up on it for greater stability and power in a more aerodynamic position.

johnfoss - i rode my uni about 3 miles today with only one break… and i have not fallen (yet). i have also stopped flapping my arms. so in your opinion the “shadow handle” IS a good one for touring and relieving pressure off the saddle? i saw a set that are long and slender with a gentle upcurve, where they meet(?). i think i saw them on a unigeezer vid. do you know which these are? if so, any experience with them? thank you for all you help and advice everyone… my boys thank you.