Outta Phaze Geared Unicycle Now Available

Hi All!

Pete and I have been working together for a while now, and I’m glad to announce that LiveWire Unicycles is now accepting orders for 29" and 36" externally-geared unicycles.

You are invited to see details at www.livewireunicycles.com

Looks cool, but I can’t see a price on the site. How much are they gonna cost

Thanks

jim

They most likely will cost more than 3 times your weekly allowance. You should start saving now so after your order is placed you can recieve the unicycle in all it’s glory in approximately one month! I’m really thinking about speed, although a friend of mine tells me that those 36" wheels can be pretty dangerous… “Damn Cokers!”

Quite honestly, we don’t have a price yet because we haven’t finished the first production model. So we don’t know all the parts involved. Many, if not all, of the parts will be different than those used in Pete’s prototype, because Pete’s prototype was built from mostly obsolete parts obtained locally. Moreover, there will be a lot of customizing. They will be pretty expensive; there is a lot of custom work going on. However, the price will be reasonable considering the cost of the parts and the time put in, as is usual with LiveWire products.

Dave,

That is great that you got that deal going. Looking forward to what develops.

Scott

Good show both of you. Pete’s design is simple and elegant and Dave’s builds are among the best available. It’s nice to see something like this marketed. Thanks for doing the research and the work. I forsee a day in the future where cycling trails are littered with the remains of unicyclists who have experienced near-Mach UPD’s.

After tripling my dental insurance coverage, i shall hit the CAD station and create a PhazerSchlumpf.

.max
note to self: buy Nomex unitard.

Sounds exhilarating! Always been a dream of mine to kick a bicyclist’s ass in a race.

Re: Outta Phaze Geared Unicycle Now Available

“U-Turn” <U-Turn@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:U-Turn.1m1fx5@NoEmail.Message.Poster.at.Unicyclist.com
>
> Hi All!
>
>
> You are invited to see details at www.livewireunicycles.com
>

Oh My God:!! a geared 36? at 1 :4. How long until one of us is
clocked breaking national speed limits? :slight_smile:

Nao

“Naomi” <naomi_sajeri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Kvv_d.25373$3A6.8353@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net
>>
>
> Oh My God:!! a geared 36? at 1 :4. How long until one of us is
> clocked breaking national speed limits? :slight_smile:
>

Yeah, wow! But I never imagined having to ride my uni in full leathers,
and having to watch out for speed cameras on the M1

Muniuni

Re: Re: Outta Phaze Geared Unicycle Now Available

chuckle Well, that is the current theoretical maximum gearing given the current design. Not that I would recommend it…

You, sir, are a true visionary.

I can’t wait!!!

oh man…now I don’t know what to do…do I save up all summer and more and get myself a PHAZE-ULTIMA-UNICYCLE?!

or go with a normal “boring” coker…or buy myslef turntables!!!

oh dear…I tell yeah, the complicated life-changing decisions I have to take are driving me mad!

haha…oh man…great stuff… great great stuff

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:34:02 GMT, “Naomi” wrote:

>Oh My God:!! a geared 36? at 1 :4. How long until one of us is
>clocked breaking national speed limits? :slight_smile:

On a 1:4 36" wheel every revolution of the pedals advances you 11.49
metres. That is probably even more than most bikes do in high gear. So
I think power (and control) are the limiting factors.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

people who unicycle are shyly exhibitionistic - GILD

exellent…

Re: Re: Outta Phaze Geared Unicycle Now Available

On a road bike, if you had a 56t chainring on an 11t cog (pretty much the highest combination imaginable), you’d have ONLY 137.5 gear inches. A 1:4 36er would give you 144 gear inches. Useful only if you want to find a steep downhill and go 40-60+
MPH.

You’d be in the paper twice the next day. Once for the world record, and another time in the obituaries.