Ouch!!!!!!!!

Well, no Muni rides for me for awhile. I dropped a generator on my hand yesterday at work and severely broke my thumb. Looking at the xray, I can clearly see 9 different breaks. I go to the hand surgeon on Monday to see what he can do. I imagine that it will have to be pinned. Notice how the bruising has already spread down into the palm. Ouch:(

broken thumb.jpg

Re: Ouch!!!

Even his thumb is Crash Tested!

Get well soon, Kenny.

Krashin’Kenny <KrashinKenny.vf1e8@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>
>Well, no Muni rides for me for awhile. I dropped a generator on my hand
>yesterday at work and severely broke my thumb. Looking at the xray, I
>can clearly see 9 different breaks. I go to the hand surgeon on Monday
>to see what he can do. I imagine that it will have to be pinned. Notice
>how the bruising has already spread down into the palm. Ouch:(
>
>
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Attachment filename: broken thumb.jpg |
> |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/167655|
> ±---------------------------------------------------------------+

Get well soon buddy. You know you don’t actually need you thumb for uniing right?

You don’t happen to have a copy of your x-ray scanned onto your computer do you? For some reason those interest me.

Daniel

i second, those bandaged-up pics dont do it for me, i want squirting blood or black-and-whites

now u know, for next time

:stuck_out_tongue:

kenny, i trust u will heal well and soon
will a dodgy thumb get in the way of what u do for a living?

I tried to take a digital pic of the xrays so that I could post it, but it came out too dark. I’ll try again. I work as a Cadillac mechanic, so I will be off work for a while. It happened on the job, so I will be compensated for lost wages.

Here’s a pic. It doesn’t show as much detail as the actual xray though

thumb1.jpg

Here’s another shot

thumb2.jpg

shows more than enough to make me go “OUCH!!!”

Quite!

I look at that and really wonder how they are going to try to fix it. Please keep us morbidly curious folks informed of your recovery progress.

Ya I have to agree with GILD.

Re: Ouch!!!

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your hand! You can keep riding your muni though… and it is a perfect time now that you have all that free time AND the cool weather! As you may have noticed, I haven’t been out as much because of school, but we need to go out and ride before your hand heals! :smiley: (we need an evil grin face)

Re: Re: Ouch!!!

Yep, let’s ride BEFORE I heal up, especially as I NEVER crash:D :smiley: :smiley:

Re: Re: Re: Ouch!!!

You know you are a unicyclist when… No matter how bad the injury and what your doctor says. You still get back on the uni before you are supposed to.

Heal well, enjoy the meds.

The joints apear to be intact.Alignment of the fragments v.good.Very likely advice will be
“keep the present splint”.The chances of recovery very high provided skin was intact.KEEP WELL.:wink: Uniwitold.

Fortunately, both joints are uninjured and move freely. I was very lucky in that regard. I only had one puncture wound, so I’m praying for some good news. I’ll find out Monday. Thanks for the positive prognosis:)

Re: Re: Re: Ouch!!!

That’s the spirit! :smiley:

oooh bet that hurts :frowning:
hope you get well soon

I just got back from the hand doc and he is going to have to put 3 pins in my thumb on Thursday. Here’s a pic I took before they put the cast on it

broken thumb2.jpg

Here’s another angle

Forgot the pic

broken thumb1.jpg