Ottawa Unicycle Invasion 08 Countdown !

2 days!!!

Ahahah ! I’m the first one !

1 day left !!!

Émile, arrives dès que tu peux chez nous, j’aimerais aller rider avant. L’arrêt d’autobus c’est à la 14e avenue, et face des gros buildings. Then, tu tournes sur la 13e et tu continues jusqu’au bout, après j’imagine que tu t’en souviens, la maison au fond du deuxième rond-point, 781.

:slight_smile:

-Hugo-

Ahhh! You posted before me!!!:stuck_out_tongue: I leave in 3 hours:) See you all there!:slight_smile:

Crap! you post before me to :frowning: see you all at OUI’08! CIAO!:smiley:

Wooohooo!

OUI’08 is TODAY!

Heading out in 10-20 minutes, see yall there!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bouhou !!! :frowning:

OUI’08 is over, but it was a blast ! I must say the trials course was soooo much harder than previous years, but I loved the lines with the car ! The Muni was hard too, on a 20", one lap would have been enough.

As of the spot, I thought it was perfect, exception of the musquitos :roll_eyes: There was a lot more space than last year, which was good. And I liked the skatepark, kept the street riders interested.

I can’t wait for all the viddies to be out ! Congrats to everyone, and thank you Carl, John, Jason, Karl, Darren and everyone else at the organisation !

See you next year,
Hugo

Yeah, OUI 08 was just such a great time:) I hope I am not the only one sore;) I can’t believe it is over! I hope I see some of you guys before OUI 09. Really good job with the prizes Nathan and the metals, very creative:) Aha! I just can’t believe how much fun it was! I will have a vid up with in a few days. :smiley:

Isaac

PS - Hugo, did you give the uni to Nico already? Thanks so much for doing that:)

I didn’t realize it was this weekend. I was planning on going! :frowning:

Sounds like it was pretty cool though.

Yeah, that was a great event. Thanks to everyone who came out, expecially you Torontonians, Quebecois and New Yorkers (and everyone in between). Also a big thanks to the organizers. Hope to see you all at the next big event!

For anyone that is intersted…

OUI was awesome!! Made some personal records at it! BUt I got completely owned by the trials course! It was extremely challenging! (IMO) But it was a pretty awesome weekend just to hangout and ride!

I do a personnal record to! 65cm in High jump! and 5 foot in long jump( after the competition because i was not competitioning in it)
1 year(approximately) before OUI’09!:smiley:

I think you got more than 190 something because I got 78 inches and that is about 198 cm.

It would be nice if we could have done the long and high jumps on a seperate day than the trials because they really tire you out a lot. I know I could have done a lot better in the long Jump if I had some time to rest between events.

I hit 80 in practice but I couldn’t do it at the end.

Also there was a two way tie for 6th at 70 cm, with me and one of the guys from KMX.

It should be noted too that Hugo could have probably done more on both the high and long jump but he volunteered to stop at those lengths because he wanted to save energy and nobody else there could beat him.

I think he got all of those lengths first try as well.

For the muni, I was a bit disappointed because Mike got lost in his second lap. I got a bit lost in my first lap but it just meant that I had to do a bit longer lap in that round. Still there were a few factors in that race that made it a bit screwy. I think I still could have won, but it would have been more tough. It should also be mentioned that it was quite an easy course, just long.

o and for Trials, there were 30 lines, and everyone that tied for first did different lines, they didn’t all complete the same ones. The course this year was really good and took a good variety of skills, so its awesome that people did so well.

Hey Russel?! It is you right? It was cool to meet you and the other Toronto guys, hopefully we will be seeing more of you guys at the next events.

Added some precisions in the Muni…atleast that’s what I saw on the sheet. Carl only wrote the result for Emmanuel, but I would guess I was about 4 seconds behind him.

-Hugo-

Hugo asked me to post the 85cm over the bar:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=b8QHMDfOqIk

Dude it’s me! lol It was really good to meet you (and everyone else!) finally. Its great to put a face to an username!!! I met a lot of great new people this weekend! Can’t wait for next year!

Does anyone know when the video will be up and photos?

Isaac

A bunch of pictures from OUI 08 are posted here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/xeaza/sets/72157605293675668/