Other odd past-times

Re: Re: Other odd past-times

What Budd is suggesting is, I would think, harder than an impossible wheel because you now have two pivot points (the axle and the crown).

amazing thnks 2 do!

here’s sum things i’ve ‘attempted’ or dreamed of doing on a uni…

~diaboling (don’t say it’s a kids toy it’s not!)
~firebreathing
~poi
~carrying some one on yr shoulders
~ride wearing a straight jacket
~read a book
~wear a blindfold
~do the macarina

just a little list…
:wink:

I rode to Tim Horton’s, got a Large Black coffee, and drank it while I rode home. I couldn’t help but still ride down the stairs and hop up onto some low ledges, and one foot idle when I came to a stop light.

No body said anything this time…how odd.

A few days ago, i picked up 7 bags worth of groceries at the store. I rode my Coker there, but for some strange reason, I picked up a dozen eggs although I didn’t need any…just to ‘up the anti’

All my groceries made it home intact :slight_smile:

I solved a Rubiks Cube while riding a unicycle.

Re: Other odd past-times

On Wed, 14 May 2003 07:37:28 -0500, treepotato wrote:
> here’s sum things i’ve ‘attempted’ or dreamed of doing on a uni…
>
> ~carrying some one on yr shoulders

Done that. Easy if they are small.

> ~wear a blindfold

Done that while winning a race. Also while riding into a car :slight_smile:

> ~do the macarina

That’s just sick!

Peter Haworth pmh@edison.ioppublishing.com
“I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father”
– Greg Norman

treepotato said:-

here’s sum things i’ve ‘attempted’ or dreamed of doing on a uni…

~diaboling (don’t say it’s a kids toy it’s not!)
~firebreathing
~poi
~carrying some one on yr shoulders
~ride wearing a straight jacket
~read a book
~wear a blindfold
~do the macarina

just a little list…

I would be wary of fire breathing on a uni cos I know of too many people who’ve spent serious time in hospital when their(non unicycling)fire breathing went wrong.
Unfortunately fire breathing looks spectacular and is fairly easy to learn, but if it goes wrong you can die, or worse.

Re: Re: Re: Other odd past-times

Max Dingemans from TCUC has a coasting unicycle with pegs. He rides it seat out in front style. Maybe Max will comment on the difficulty or otherwise of this trick?

The peg idea is posible but hard, i have seen it on the net. I am thinking about making a free wheel uni. I can pedal frontwards and coast. But, ill use a handbrake to balence. Do you think this will work? This would be a very odd passtime.

-Budd-

Please tell me you’ve got some videos of that, and more to the point, please tell me you’ll be at UniNats this year!

Yeh, I’m interested in how impossible wheeling compares to this trick and how it compares to gliding and coasting.

I’ve heard that mentioned before but haven’t really given it much thought. It’d be great fun and probably not too difficult with a little practice and some bike mono-ing experience. Maybe I’ll make myself (or rather get it made) a giraffe with a freewheel. Would that be easier or harder to ride. I’ve heard that giraffes fall off balance slower. Good idea!

I saw a great sport on TV this morning - snow kayaking! There were two guys doing it and they were really good at it. They were doing drops and 180s and even twisting around (side flips?). Has ‘ratherbekayaking’ (sorry I don’t know your name) tried this?

Andrew

actually the peg thing isnt that bad, it’s certainly better than coasting on a stock uni, if you can get started. the vid that some of you saw was probably here: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuo09 Before injury i could now ride it and juggle with the seat near the ground. also I can juggle on a BC.

yep, thats the video. When you put pegs on a uni would you weld them to the frame on attach them to the hub with bearings?

-Budd-

no, it’s a regular bmx style front wheel with the pegs attached normally, and a frame with dropouts, not bearing holders.

Ok, thanx. That got me thinking. Another question… is it possible to attach crank arms to the end of a coaster hub, while allowing the uni frame bearings to fit?

-Budd-