OT:MSN Messenger

Why does everyone use Hotmail for MSN Messenger?
Hotmail sucks. My messenger ID is Rowan@ihateclowns.com but it is no longer my Email address. I’m not sure how much longer I will have regular internet access, so it doesn’t matter if no-one adds me.

Well I thought you had to so I created an account just for using MSN Messenger. I use my mail.com and unicyclist.com accounts for emails.

Andrew

Re: OT:MSN Messenger

i’d love to but the firewall at work kicks it out
any thoughts on how to get around that?

At the MSN Default page click ‘Sign in’, then ‘Need a Passport? Create a Passport’ and then you should be able to put any email address in for your MSN passport (such as @unicyclist.com which can be used for messenger). I tried it from the messenger sign in and it only allowed me the option of choosing Hotmail but using the other method it works. You just need to be able to verify that the email is yours, they send a confirmation email and you click it to enable your messenger display name to change, otherwise you are stuck with your email name when messaging people.

Because back in the day, when I were a lad, when buses were cheaper and fish and chips nicer, and when messenger was brand new, you could only use hotmail.com or passport.com addresses…

Phil

Just because you didn’t know how to do it doesn’t mean it wasn’t possible. I’m sure you have always been able to use any email to make an MSN Passport, ever since messenger was born. I hate hotmail because all the good names are taken, and it is such a stupid common email name to have following your chosen name. Hotmail also sucks how it only allows you 2 megs storage, and you constantly have to use your mail or your account expires. We get so much of a better deal with Unicyclist.com, but if you use it for messenger you can’t see how many new emails you have upon signing in.

It appears common to only use a hotmail address for messenger and block all email, and as messenger checks your email when it signs in the expiring isn’t a problem.

And the last time I looked, Mozilla checks how many new emails I have upon signing in…

Phil

catcher145@hotmail.com feel free to talk to me anytime, but if i dont answer im not ignoring u, im just not there

greenchicken_13@hotmail.com
Feel free to add me.

generaldibbles@hotmail.com
or
gendibbles@hotmail.com

i can’t remember which one it is

Myspamishere@yahoo.com

Original, eh? i type it into all things on the web…

I have now added all of you. I suppose I won’t talk to you that much, but oh well…

thebadger587 @ hotmail . com
AIM: TheBadger587

i agree though, it’s always interesting talking to unicyclists non-forum. that’s why i wish the chat was used more often.

povanb@hotmail.com

Don’t be shy!

darchibald_4@hotmail.com

David

yahoo messenger rules! if you want me its tangent193.

eS_f1@hotmail.com

add me if you want.
:slight_smile:

I DON’T use hotmail! for that person
Thinbennyboy@aol.com
Ben

email: tennisgh22@hotmail.com

aim screen name: tennisgh22

timmymeuk1@hotmail.com ---->

Trev

MSN

No-one uses ICQ anymore? I weep for the future!

evil_nick (a) hotmail.com

My contact list will reach the millions now! MWUHAHAHAHAHAhahahaha…