Oregon with Brooks Mud Flap

Just thought I’d post my little addition for the muddy season here in the UK :smiley:

Here’s the item: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11679

I crimped a couple of eyelets through a folded over Velcro tie and attached to the mudflat bolts, and repeated for the other bolt. It took a bit of compressing with a pair of pliers to get the nut and bolt to reach, but once the thread took I got it all nice and tight.

The two Velcro straps attach easily to the Oregon’s frame and I also used two (green :wink: ) cable ties to stop the Velcro attachments riding up the V frame struts.

I feel this should provide a decent degree of mud protection. It’s just a tough piece of (expensive!) leather really, but beats the clip-on mud guards I’ve seen - they always seemed to me too plasticy, stiff and long.

Added bonus, is that the Brooks flap looks kind of stylish - well, it’s my kind of retro style anyway :slight_smile: Yep, this is probably over-kill for a very small area of enhancement, but I thought I’d share it.

Pictures to follow (can only add one at a time)

For all riding in muddy conditions - enjoy :slight_smile:

Cheers,
M.B.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tart :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to knock up a coil sprung Brooks uni saddle to go with it :smiley:

Haha, yes! That sounds right up my street and in keeping with the Oregon’s springiness! Who needs a light weightless carbon fibre affair!.. When you could have a Brooks sprung saddle! :smiley:

That is a bit nifty mindbalance :slight_smile:
Feisty beat me to the punchline :slight_smile:
You do know that you’ll have to wear day-glo trouser clips now though :smiley:

Neat!

[SIZE=“1”]I’ve know someone who has a pair you can have. [/SIZE] (ahem, cough)

that looks so good. works well with the fat tire!