Olympic Sport

It’s been some time, should unicycling be an Olympic sport? Do you think we are there yet?

There are too many styles of unicycling to be just one event

1 Like

What disciplines are thinking of?

Beer Pong?

2 Likes

I mean, the questin is the same as “shall cycling be olympic?”. Some disciplines are, others not. Artistic cycling, cycle polo, cycle ball and trials aren’t. The unicycle is only a sports equipment, like a bike. But there are many totally different disciplines. The question has to be answered for each separately. Or maybe not My answer for all disciplines would be no.

2 Likes

I must correct myself, if the IOC is thinking about allowing Russian athletes back into the Olympics, they should play vodka pong as a welcome game.

1 Like

Good point yeah that’s true.

True there are so many styles of unicycling that it would be a pretty big competition :grin:as of now I believe there are like 40 different type of sports… Just thought I would mention it.

Hey, right now, unicycling is very far from being an olympic sport. One first step towards that would be having IUF recognised as an official international federation by the IOC. It would also legitimize IUF in the eyes of the world.

3 Likes

why should it be olympic? It’s an absolute fringe sport. There would probably be many other sports that would come before unicycling. Be happy, if it’s not Olympic, then it’s still fair and peaceful, doping is not an issue. If it were Olympic, it would suddenly be about money and the result would be a lot of spite among competitors, doping cases. The sport would not be as nice as before.

3 Likes