okay to MUni with this uni?

Hey folks,
This will be my third uni that I will have bought.
I do not plan on getting 24", I am set on getting a 26" uni.
With that in mind, I am thinking of getting Torker 26" LX for MUni.
Will it hold up? Has anyone else been MUni with this uni?
What will I need to change? Pedal and fatter tire?

you’d be better of with a nimbus 26" muni. comes with a duro and metal pedals. also a comfier seat and a wider frame.

the LX won’t hold up to much. the nimbus is much better, as is a torker DX.does that even come 26 inch? anyway, the lx, even with a fatter tire isn’t much of a muni.

I have a 24" LX and a 24" Nimbus Muni. The Nimbus Muni is really terrific for Muni. The LX on the other hand just doesn’t do very well on rough surfaces. It has a much narrower tire and it just isn’t built as tough as the Nimbus.

I don’t know anything about the torker as I am in the UK and they are not reafily available over here but I can strongly recommend the Nimbus 26 for Muni.

As a size 26" is probably my favourite for off road riding and the nimbus is a very capable machine.

Hope this helps

Plumsie

Another vote for the Nimbus 26. I’ve done loads of miles on mine in the last two years and I’m very happy with it - the UDC CrMo hubs are plenty strong enough as long as you’re not into massive drops. Most of my riding is at the very rocky end of cross-country rather than extreme droppy muni, and it’s excellent for that, no problems yet. I weigh about 12 stone, btw (170ish pounds)

Rob

I agree with the other responses here. The most important things are the 3" tire, and a wide enough rim to do it justice. The only other major consideration is whether to go with a splined hub or not. If your budget won’t allow it and your not into excessive drops you’ll be fine with a Nimbus.
Torker LX = bad tire and rim for Muni.