offroad 36er vid

so i never really ride my 36er ever, but that’s changing now. i didn’t because i don’t really enjoy road 36ing. and there was really no trails around here until my brother told me about some trails near him. very hilly trails. to me at least, haha. having lived in florida my entire life and never seen a single mountain, these hills are pretty big. of course in the vid they look half as steep as they actually are.

the riding is nothing spectacular, but i’m really enjoying these trails and enjoyed the making of this video. i look forward to riding the 36er all the time now, lol.

but that’s an old nimbus, cotterless so i fear it might not hold up for long on these steep hills. but so far it’s doing great, feels really solid. i have 170mm torker cranks on there, off an old torker lx 26". i did have 150mm chrome udc cranks.

Nice!!! good to see a well-assembled coker muni vid!

I really liked this video! So fast!:smiley:

Holy crap! That’s even better than I imagined.

I definitely need to get down there now!!

yeah man it’s crazy… and this vid still does not show how steep and long all the hills are, you gotta see it in person. its crazy, like within a couple seconds you’re at like 16-17 mph then gotta make a turn or dodge some roots, lol. its a blast tho.

Nice to see some 36er off-road action.Of course the purist will say its not proper muni because your not doing 6 foot drops or bouncing around on a pogo stick.I guess they have never tried a 36er off-road.
John

That was a right goodie!!!
Shug

yeah nothin feels better than blazin through the trail 7.5 feet in the air goin 15mph rollin over just about anything.

i also just painted mah rim:

Haha! Awesome!

Nice riding and nice rim. :smiley:

Wow, I almost didn’t recognize it without all the rust!

haha, heres the before pics. i think it was more rusted even than when you saw it. why nimbus chose to not paint their rims at all then baffles me…

Very awesome vid. 36er muni is so fun! I have only ever tried it with 150mm cranks though, I would love to use 165 or 170s at some point.

yeah when i went from the 150’s to the 170’s it didnt really decrease my speed at all(at least it seems that way) and i have sooooo much more control downhill and up.