Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

On Thursday 21 March 2002 05:17 pm, Rodney Blackwell ® wrote:

>> yes, it’s true.
>>
>> be it good or bad, we are now in Yahoo :slight_smile:

Now we should go for better rankings in google.

I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using the
same keywords. What shall we use?


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

On Thursday 21 March 2002 07:23 pm, John R. Marshall wrote:

>
> I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using the
> same keywords. What shall we use?

oops
On our related sites

John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

I’m not sure what “keyword” would describe what goes on here :slight_smile:

I was just kinda throwing out keywords when I typed the Yahoo description, I
thought they would just edit me down. Guess not :slight_smile:

®

John R. Marshall <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote in message
news:a7dthu$8c5$1@www.darklock.com
> On Thursday 21 March 2002 05:17 pm, Rodney Blackwell ® wrote:
>[color=darkred]
> >> yes, it’s true.
> >>
> >> be it good or bad, we are now in Yahoo :slight_smile:
>
> Now we should go for better rankings in google.
>
> I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using the
> same keywords. What shall we use?
>
> –
> John R. Marshall - Web Developer
>
> JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
> The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net[/color]

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

On Thursday 21 March 2002 08:03 pm, Rodney wrote:

> I’m not sure what “keyword” would describe what goes on here :slight_smile:

Mayhem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

“John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote
> I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using the
> same keywords. What shall we use?

Very good idea. But make sure everyone uses the same text around the link,
like:

Join the disscussion in the <A Href=“http://www.webdiscuss.com”>web discuss
free speech newsgroup</A>.

That will help to.

Jtk

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

any ideas on what kind of keywords we are?

we should pick something obscure as sort of an expiriment :slight_smile:

Jtk <james@d2interactive.com> wrote in message
news:a7e4jo$ghm$1@www.darklock.com
>
> “John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote
> > I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using
the
> > same keywords. What shall we use?
>
> Very good idea. But make sure everyone uses the same text around the
link,
> like:
>
> Join the disscussion in the <A Href=“http://www.webdiscuss.com”>web
discuss
> free speech newsgroup</A>.
>
> That will help to.
>
> Jtk
>
>

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

I would think that free speech should be in there somewhere.

Jtk

“Rodney” <rodney@webdiscuss.com> wrote in message
news:a7e59r$6ik$1@www.t-shirtcountdown.com
> any ideas on what kind of keywords we are?
>
> we should pick something obscure as sort of an expiriment :slight_smile:
>
> Jtk <james@d2interactive.com> wrote in message
> news:a7e4jo$ghm$1@www.darklock.com
> >
> > “John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote[color=darkred]
> > > I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using
> the
> > > same keywords. What shall we use?
> >
> > Very good idea. But make sure everyone uses the same text around the
> link,
> > like:
> >
> > Join the disscussion in the <A Href=“http://www.webdiscuss.com”>web
> discuss
> > free speech newsgroup</A>.
> >
> > That will help to.
> >
> > Jtk
> >
> >
>
>[/color]

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

“Jtk” <james@d2interactive.com> wrote in message
news:a7e4jo$ghm$1@www.darklock.com
>
> “John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote
> > I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using
the
> > same keywords. What shall we use?
>
> Very good idea. But make sure everyone uses the same text around the
link,
> like:
>
> Join the disscussion in the <A Href=“http://www.webdiscuss.com”>web
discuss
> free speech newsgroup</A>.
>
> That will help to.

That’s the difference! You suggest a real link and not one
of this

http://www.webdiscuss.com/quark.php?ThisIsUnimportant&DoNotVisitThis

Links


Roland Mösl
http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

You would like the shopping cart we wrote.
How do you like this URL?


Minolta-3xi-AF-Body.php

:slight_smile:

Jtk

“Roland Mösl” <founder@pege.org> wrote in message
news:a7ej5u$vck$2@www.t-shirtcountdown.com
> “Jtk” <james@d2interactive.com> wrote in message
> news:a7e4jo$ghm$1@www.darklock.com
> >
> > “John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote[color=darkred]
> > > I think we all should link to the WD page (On out related sites)using
> the
> > > same keywords. What shall we use?
> >
> > Very good idea. But make sure everyone uses the same text around the
> link,
> > like:
> >
> > Join the disscussion in the <A Href=“http://www.webdiscuss.com”>web
> discuss
> > free speech newsgroup</A>.
> >
> > That will help to.
>
> That’s the difference! You suggest a real link and not one
> of this
>
> http://www.webdiscuss.com/quark.php?ThisIsUnimportant&DoNotVisitThis
>
> Links
>
>
> –
> Roland Mösl
> http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
> http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine
>[/color]

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

On Friday 22 March 2002 02:09 am, Jtk wrote:

>
>
> You would like the shopping cart we wrote.
> How do you like this URL?
>
>


> Minolta-3xi-AF-Body.php
>
> :slight_smile:
>

Or this URL

Got to love mod-rewrite plus PHP.


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

“Jtk” <james@d2interactive.com> wrote in message
news:a7el61$2bf$1@www.darklock.com
> You would like the shopping cart we wrote.
> How do you like this URL?
>
>
http://www.camerasupplycenter.com/Catalog/Minolta/Autofocus-Bodies/Item/415/
> Minolta-3xi-AF-Body.php

Little bit long, but I would know by reading the URL what it is

Catalog
Item
415

Seem to be reduntant for me


Roland Mösl
http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

> Seem to be reduntant for me

I wish you were my only seo competition :slight_smile:

Do ya think that maybe there is a reason for it being exactly the way it is.

Jtk

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

“Jtk” <james@d2interactive.com> wrote in message
news:a7fh3e$a8$1@www.darklock.com
> > Seem to be reduntant for me
>
> I wish you were my only seo competition :slight_smile:
>
> Do ya think that maybe there is a reason for it being exactly the way it
is.

I made the experience, that more words decrease the
effect of each single word.


Roland Mösl
http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

Yes, but I’ve also had the opposite effect. Sometimes keyword potency
is too high and the search engine punishes you for it.

Roland M=F6sl wrote:
> =

> I made the experience, that more words decrease the
> effect of each single word.
> =

– =

Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

“He told them to look not at the facts, but at the meaning
of the facts. Then he said the facts had no meaning.”

  • The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001)

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:3C9B9141.D996E91C@jaytierney.com
>Yes, but I’ve also had the opposite effect. Sometimes keyword potency
>is too high and the search engine punishes you for it.

Give me an example,
I never experienced this


Roland Mösl
http://pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization
http://BeingFound.com Web Design starts at the search engine

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

It is not hard to figure out what a certain search engine likes for a URL
with a little bit of research.

And our system is flexible enough to adjust URLs on the fly to match the
changing
whims of the search engines :slight_smile: I can make that URL be almost any thing that
I want.

This system will be live in a few days on a few different sites.
I’ll make sure to report how Google likes the product URLs in a couple of
months.

Jtk

“Jay Tierney” <jay@jaytierney.com> wrote in message
news:3C9B9141.D996E91C@jaytierney.com
Yes, but I’ve also had the opposite effect. Sometimes keyword potency
is too high and the search engine punishes you for it.

Roland Mösl wrote:
>
> I made the experience, that more words decrease the
> effect of each single word.
>


Jay Tierney – jay@jaytierney.com

“He told them to look not at the facts, but at the meaning
of the facts. Then he said the facts had no meaning.”

  • The Man Who Wasn’t There (2001)

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

On Friday 22 March 2002 03:39 pm, Jtk wrote:

> And our system is flexible enough to adjust URLs on the fly to match the
> changing
> whims of the search engines :slight_smile: I can make that URL be almost any thing
> that I want.

FYI make sure and run a spider on your site… When I did Frugalcrafts I had
a screwed up link that turned into a spider trap. 1000’s of spider hits to
all sorts of odd ball URL’s.


John R. Marshall - Web Developer

JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net

Re: Now Google Was: Re: webdiscuss in yahoo?

Thanks - but we did plan for that and test it.

Jtk

“John R. Marshall” <john@jrmstudios.com> wrote in message
news:a7g5vg$mcg$1@www.darklock.com
> On Friday 22 March 2002 03:39 pm, Jtk wrote:
>
> > And our system is flexible enough to adjust URLs on the fly to match the
> > changing
> > whims of the search engines :slight_smile: I can make that URL be almost any thing
> > that I want.
>
> FYI make sure and run a spider on your site… When I did Frugalcrafts I
had
> a screwed up link that turned into a spider trap. 1000’s of spider hits to
> all sorts of odd ball URL’s.
>
> –
> John R. Marshall - Web Developer
>
> JRM Studios - http://www.jrmstudios.com
> The Hotrodding Network - http://www.hotrodding.net
>
>