Novelty Uni

mower motor would be better. they are fairly big but you could always build a custom frame to suit it. they also go pretty fast and easy speed control.

a mower would be sh*t, unless it’s a 2 stroke they wont work when turned on their side, and they dont have a centrifugal clutch, which makes everything a lot harder

mower wouldn’t be as good though because theres no clutch, you would always have to be moving. thats why chainsaws are the best.

the thing with a chainsaw is that it is either off or on. on a mower you can ajust the speed. i know 2 people who have made mower motor powered bikes and they worked fine. you can rig it up so it engages on the wheel or it doesnt so you dont always have moving.

make a 2 wheeled BC!!!
ridable horizontal, or vertical the plates would have to be fixed for vertical riding and you would need something to hold your legs up against
that would be sick:) :o :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :roll_eyes: :sunglasses: :astonished: :thinking: :smiley: :frowning:

haha … im gonna make a Guni giraffe outta a bike!!! but why would you shorten the chain?

A giraffe with a rear derailer would be un ridable. Generally, a geared bike with a rear derailer needs the chain shortened to become single speed. A single speed bike obvously wouldn’t need that mod.

Have fun with the project, don’t forget that it will be uncomforable to UPD off of it since there would be so many pointy bits.

A giraffe with a rear derailer would be un ridable. Generally, a geared bike with a rear derailer needs the chain shortened to become single speed. A single speed bike obvously wouldn’t need that mod.

Have fun with the project, don’t forget that it will be uncomforable to UPD off of it since there would be so many pointy bits.

ummm what if i put a chain tensioner(another derailleur) on the other side??

No do single speed it is really the only safe way to ride any sort of giraffe.

but its going to be a short girrafe… the hub will be right above the 24" wheel

I made something kinda like that, but it was actually two bikes stacked on top of each other and you had to pedal backwards, it was pretty cool, but really hard to go up hills on.

http://scul.org/SCUL/SCUL.html There is a picture of one like it somewhere on this page, along with a lo tof other cool bikes.

thats a wild goosechase … please find it for us!

Giraffe. But with shoulder supports above the wheel, above that maybe something to strap your torso to, and then pedals to top it all off. In other words, you would ride it upside down, with your feet straight up in the air. We will need to see video of your freemount technique.

recumbent unicycle. You lie down on some sort of seat that hooks onto the frame. Then put some cranks up there and a chain that runs to a wheel at the bottom. Extra points if its geared. Lots of points if you make it so you can change gears. Even more if you can coast and shift gears!

I can’t post a link cuz it’s a fancy pants site. Click on “The Armada” - Click on the right side of the page to change focus to there - search for “Bonnie&Clyde”. that’s it.

HERE

that is one awesome looking bike

Well…okay, I could’ve done that too. But my way, they get to read about it as well as just seeing a picture. :slight_smile:

Make a low riding uni with the pedals out front

I vote for the three-foot giraffe that Jerrick mentioned.:slight_smile: